new here and grieving

NinapearlDecember 29, 2007

i have been going to other gardenweb forums but i had no idea this forum existed until a friend told me.

i recently lost my soul mate to kidney cancer. we had been together for 11 years. the hurt is unspeakable. i do not know how i will go on without him.

when i have more time, i will come back here and read and read and read. as much as i hate to see others in my situation, i know it will help me to come here.

nina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

I think you're right, Nina......it will help you to come here. As for going on without him, I can tell you that he is still with you, in another form. Try to live each day the way he wants you to. And grieve in whatever way helps you. I cried a lot and talked a lot, but everyone is different.

Hugs to you,

Susan

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 7:50PM
kayjones

Nina, I have empathy for you - my Dear Husband died in April of this year, with pancreatic cancer. We are here for you if we can help in any way - just email any one of us if you want to talk.

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 8:42AM
Ninapearl

susan, kay...i'm so very sorry for your losses. it does help to know others care. thank you.

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 9:52PM
lulie___wayne

Nina, this is the place to come. I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband.

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 11:04PM
Ninapearl

thank you, lulie. i went to the city today to visit briefly with gary's oncologist. we had ordered a lovely print for him, intended for a Christmas gift. it ended up being my thank-you to him for his care and compassion. it was a picture that gary picked out and he was so touched to receive it.

Bookmark   December 31, 2007 at 4:04PM
mariend

Look around for support groups and grief counseling and find one that you feel comfortable with. Most churches, YWCA, YMCA, hospital social services and even your Dr can help. Don't be afraid to change groups, don't share everything the first time, don't ask strangers into you home, no matter how "nice" they seem, don't share financial informaion--just a nice I am doing ok, and don't share addresses and phone numbers. I am sending hugs to you.

Bookmark   January 1, 2008 at 2:38PM
More Discussions
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
How to live after the death of a spouse
Hope this might be helpful to some. 1 Before you move...
JoAnn_Fla
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy, see link Here is a...
Konrad___far_north
Feeling guilty because I miss my dog-Part 2
Three years ago today, I lost my beloved dog Homer....
kms4me
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™