My Husband Died November 6, 2008

millburn_nj_po_momDecember 4, 2008

I am having a very hard time dealing with his death. We would have been married 32 years this coming December 18th.

I would like to know how anyone deals with the grief when they have to go back to work. I am having alot of breakdowns of crying at work. I don't know how I am going to get through this.

Sheryl - NJ

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikeandbarb

I am sorry for your loss. Loosing a loved one is very hard and having to go on with trying to be normal is rough. It's normal to have break downs. I went through it when my grand mother past away. I'd just start crying and could not stop till I got it out.
Only time will help heal the pain. If you have someone you can talk to helps a lot.

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 5:33AM
mariend

There are many support groups avaiable. Check the papers, your local YWCA/YMCA, hospital social services, churches, libraries, the doctors, etc. It will be at least a year or the ache to get less, and with each holiday it will be hard. It depends on how you celebrated the days. Start a journal, write a bit each day, good thought, bad ones, a liitle , a lot.

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 6:31PM
mav63_2007

Dear Millburn,
I am so sorry for your loss; I lost my husband 2 years ago in November, we were married 37 loving years. I went back to work after 3 weeks and it was hard, I cried but my colleages understood and were very patient with me. It does get easier, a friend told me that it doesn't go away but it gets "different" and that is exactly how I would describe it. I still cry but not as often. I think about him every minute of the day but the pain is less. Every once in a while I get a sudden panic in my stomach like it has just hit me that he is gone, it only lasts seconds but it hurts. People will tell you to get counceling which I agree with 100 percent it will help, they also say to get involved in things to keep you busy. I joined a senior citizen's group (I'm 65 now) and I joined a ladies group and we have a lot of fun but it still hurts to come home and be alone. A person on this forum said "we now belong to a club we never wanted to join" and that's exactly how I feel but we have to go on because our loved ones would want us too (Wouldn't you want him to? I know I would.) Do your best, it will take time but you will feel better eventually.
Look after yourself for him. Please accept this big hug ((((( ))))) from me.

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 10:19PM
need2heal

I don't know. I wish I did. I wish you love and healing!

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 5:54AM
More Discussions
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
Over 10 years and I still miss my dad
My dad died Dec. 27, 1998. He was 59. He was diagnosed...
threeoffour
how to help a grieving mom
tomorrow I am going to visit my beautful cousin who...
homebodymom
Gift
Hello, I joined today because a friend has just lost...
friend2U
Loss of first born Adult Son
I have just found this site I lost my first born adult...
jamesdasmum
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™