Anyone had decreased taste buds?

ginjjJuly 7, 2005

Strangest thing, for the past week I've noticed things don't have much flavor. It's to the point now that I'd say I've lost 50% of my taste buds. Ever heard of this? Of course I've looked on the web and it looks a bit scarey. I haven't had a cold in ages and I feel fine!

Thanks,

Ginny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joann23456

Yes, my taste went away completely, to the point where I would *know* I was eating, say, steak and chocolate, but I could taste neither. It was caused by blood pressure medicine that I'd started taking not long before. Have you recently started taking any new medications?

After you mentioned this, I went and looked up the subject, and was surprised to find no mention of medication, especially blood pressure medication, many kinds of which are well-known to affect taste buds.

Do talk to your doctor about this.

Bookmark   July 7, 2005 at 10:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginjj

Joann,
Thanks for the response. It's comforting to know it could be something simple like yours. The only meds I take are Fosamax, lots of vitamins, and a new product on the market (online only) called "Juvenon," a "cellular health supplement." I've been taking that for two months. I read about it in the paper and then on the UC Berkeley website. Supposed to be good getting rid of free radicals or such. I did just email them asking about my taste problem. No response yet. I stopped taking that yesterday. I think I'll stop all my vitamins and see if that helps. I will be seeing my doc on Monday I hope.

Thanks again,
Ginny

Bookmark   July 7, 2005 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
L-dopa Rx replacement for RLS anyone?
Anyone have RLS (restless leg syndrome)? I have been...
vieja_gw
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Sponsored Products
18x18 Mongolia Black Basalt Bathroom Drop-in Sink - LEXA
Living'ROC
Wing Style Chair & Ottoman
IFN Modern
'Never Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle' Decal
$15.99 | zulily
Colonial Mills Renaissance Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - RA01A018X018
$136.99 | Hayneedle
63 x 36" Granite Stone Bathroom Gray Shower Base - OMAHA
Living'ROC
Colonial Mills Outdoor Houndstooth Tweed Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - OT
$82.99 | Hayneedle
Blue Wave Easy Step Entry System w/ Gate
Beyond Stores
Fanimation | Zonix Outdoor Ceiling Fan
$319.00 | YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™