What do you take for anxiety?

deedeebakerJuly 7, 2007

Can you share with me what you take for anxiety and does it work. Also, did you go to therapy and was prescribed medication by them or did you go to a MD and they prescribed something for you. I just wanted to see what works for everyone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Hi Deedee,

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any replies here, and I don't have an answer for you, but there is another place you could go called the Health Board. They have forums there on almost anything you can think of, and I noticed anxiety is one. They are listed alphabetically. Maybe you can get some information there. Good luck.

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Health Boards

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 7:54PM
artemis_mo

I have been taking Lexapro for the past 2 years for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). It relieved my symptoms immediately. No side effects. I was also prescribed Xanax to use if needed. I hardy ever have to take the Xanax. I went to my regular MD when I knew my anxiety was becoming overwhelming and affecting my life.

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 10:19PM
catherinet

My husband has been on Lexapro for about 6 years. He had a "nervous breakdown" one day, and became almost totally unable to deal with life. He was severely depressed and had obsessive concerns over his health. The lexapro seemed to work very well for him, but as with any medication, it may take several weeks to 2 months to begin working. He also took xanax for coverage during the time when the lexapro was just starting to build in his system.
Xanax is better for specific episodes of anxiety, rather than using it all the time.

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 12:48AM
algaemaster

I am on Wellbutrin. It works well for me with no side effects. I have Valium if I need (take it about once every 3-4 weeks) also have Ambien, because nothing triggers an attack like not being able to sleep.

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 11:11PM
zoewolf

Klonopin, 1 to 2 miligrams a day or as needed.

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 9:19PM
deedeebaker

Zoewolf what type of drug is Klonopin. I've heard of it and I would like to talk to my doctor about something different. Is it the same type of drug like Xanax, Ativan which are in the classes of benzos. I've been taking Ativan everyday for about 2 months 1 tablet 0.5 mg a day because that seems to be the only thing that really makes the anxiety quiet down. And how long have you been taking it. Do you take it just for anxiety and what are your symptoms of anxiety. Thanks

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 11:31PM
zoewolf

Klonopan is in the benzodiazepine class and is prescribed as an antiseizure and antipanic drug.

I just posted this today, under "Panic Attacks" on this forum:

I had my first anxiety attack at age 23 while in the trans-bay tube on BART. I was reading a book, and glad when the train stopped there because I wanted to finish the chapter that I was reading. Five minutes into the delay, it "hit" me, Big Time!!!, and for no apparent reason. I couldn't breath, my heart started beating so hard and fast, there was a tingling in my mouth, I was dizzy and I felt like I was going to pass out and die.
That was the first but by no means the last. After that, I started getting them all the time, in weird places, such as: elevators, planes, bridges, freeway overpasses, building higher than 6 floors.

I take Klonopin now for it; however, during the initial stage I would take 5 mg. Valium, which helped immensly.

Bookmark   July 29, 2007 at 5:51PM
alhambrahilokos_yahoo_com

take a tea but im 15 years old i just cant stop thinking about the panic attacks that happend to me so i take like three teas that are calld Passiflora tea it clams me down i recamenit you can get it at a herba life store or drug store thanks

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 6:03PM
jeaneb726_yahoo_com

i cant drive i cry alot i need to go to work i have to depend on people i hate that im 62 its very scary panic attacks like you want die i need a miracal drug for my brain

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 11:33AM
More Discussions
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
L-dopa Rx replacement for RLS anyone?
Anyone have RLS (restless leg syndrome)? I have been...
vieja_gw
"Medicare Demystified"
A few minutes ago I saw a post from about six weeks...
Lindsey_CA
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Sponsored Products
54" Minka Aire Java Flat White Indoor/Outdoor Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Armen Living Halo Backless Bar Stool - Red - 30 in. - LC4050BARE30
$179.99 | Hayneedle
Zebra Border Beach Towel
$14.99 | zulily
Heat Storm Delux 1000 Watt Wall Infrared Heater
Overstock.com
Morgan Wall Sconce by Stonegate Designs
$410.00 | Lumens