Infection on a delicate area, which antibiotic can I use?

cvr1985July 27, 2007

I have an infection on (and inside) my anus which is swollen, greyish-purple in color, and bleeds sometimes. It's very painful.

I have no health care and I can't afford to see a doctor about it.

What over-the-counter medicine can I use? I have some Bactroban cream but it says not to use in open wounds/internally. I'm looking for something antibiotic that I can apply directly to the wound, which won't hurt me or make me sick. Or an oral antiobiotic if there are any OTC. Can anyone help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Sounds like you just have internal/external hemmoroids; and to my knowledge, there are no oral antiobiotics sold OTC.

    Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 9:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It could be a number of things. You really need to find the money to see a doctor if you think its infected.
It could even be a thrombosed hemorrhoid.
Have you tried any preparation H? It might help to shrink those swollen tissues, if it is hemorrhoids.

    Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 11:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

witch hazel works just as well for hemorrhoids and is less expensive. Just apply with a cotton ball each time you go to the bathroom. Also, make sure that your stools are soft while this heals. You can take magnesium for that.

    Bookmark   July 28, 2007 at 12:36AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
splotchy skin in the calf areas
The red spots are mostly pin size and are up to 1/8"....
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™