Setting Aside Time To Grieve

lulie___wayneNovember 17, 2005

As I read the article that I posted in my last thread there was a suggestion that I too have found helpful. A lot of people feel guilty if they have fun or feel joy after a loved one has passed away from us. From my personal experience, I have found that if I allow myself a certain time to grieve and think deeply of Christin and Mom and then tell myself that for the rest of the day or the next week or whatever, that I will try to enjoy myself completely, it really works. I don't feel like I have abandoned what I think I should be doing in regards to remembering them. This may help some of you around the holidays. I know it's really hard, especially in the first years, but just try it.

Lu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trinitytx

lulie
you are such an inspiration for this board, and for all those grieving. just wanted to say thank you.

trin

Bookmark   November 18, 2005 at 7:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Yes, Lulie you are very kind, helpful and supportive to those in need. You are right about allowing time to grieve. The most important thing is that our loved ones are in our hearts and with us always, no matter what we are doing.

Bookmark   November 19, 2005 at 12:29AM
More Discussions
Loss of first born Adult Son
I have just found this site I lost my first born adult...
jamesdasmum
Disposing of Loved Ones' Belongings
Going through our deceased loved ones' belongings and...
lulie___wayne
Double loss both parents
Mom died Sept 17 of lung cancer at age 84 as a total...
chickaroonie
New member - gripping
Hello all - I am so glad I found this group! I'm sure...
VWbrownthumb
Memorial Scholarship
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience setting...
xminion
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™