painful heal pain

geminigirlJuly 30, 2007

I have had pain in the back of my heal, ( NOT the Bottom of my foot, ) for over a year now. It is not a blister or anything having to do with the skin. ( I tried to move myself by scooting on one foot, not using the other leg at all because of knee surgery. ) Something very painful happened at the back of my heal, I still cannot wear a shoe with a back--too painful--It hurts if I bang the area, or even if I have walked too long. I went to a Podiatrist, who then sent me to physical therapy. The stretches and suggestions from the therapist have not helped me. I do not want to see the the podiatrist again.

Has anyone else had anything like this?? Or any suggestions? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Is it your achilles tendon? You might need a steroid injection to help it heal. Did they take xrays?

Bookmark   July 30, 2007 at 4:57PM
geminigirl

My Dr. tried to put me into a boot and a shoe, but they both have backs and I could not walk in either of them without -pain-. He then sent me to a podiatrist. Achilles tendon was never mentioned by any of the Drs. or the therapist. I knew that I needed to go in a different direction. No x-rays were taken. But they will be soon, thanks to your advice, I will call my Dr. I just hope it's not too late for me. Thanks soo much!!!

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 12:27AM
woodnymph2_gw

This sounds like plantar fascitis. If you search this forum under that term, you will find 4 different threads about this, with lots of good information!

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 10:46AM
aaaaaaaa

Hi geminigirl,
Could it be a Calcium Spar?(not sure if this is right spelling) I have heard that our body sometimes releases calcium within the body--that gets deposited on the bone itself and causes pain. I had such pain with my right heal. I started using Dr.Scroll's foot gel(at Walmart)--it helped me a bit. Try for a while and let us know if this helps you.
aaaaaaa

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 1:14PM
socks

Plantars is on the bottom of the foot, not the back of the heel.

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 1:57PM
catherinet

The foot and all the muscles/tendons around it can be a challenge to figure out.....unless you're a foot profession/physical therapist. You can have a pain at one end of your foot, and its caused from something at the other end (or even a shortened calf muscle). I fear you just haven't seen the right doctor yet. My experience with podiatrists has run the continuum from totally useless to absolutely a miracle worker......so don't give up hope. You just have to keep looking.
I personally have found podiatrists to be much better than orthopedic docs. I don't know why.
Don't give up. I spent quite a while in total pain, unable to hardly walk (with plantar fasciitis), and once I found the right podiatrist, he fixed it. I was finally pain free! It included a steroid injection to start with, and then custom inlays that I wore all day, every day. I eventually didn't need them anymore.
You might also have to be on NSAIDS for awhile, if you can tolerate them.
Good luck to you!

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 2:03PM
geminigirl

I was told by the physical therapist that I had very tight tendons and they just needed to be stretched out. But that just made my heal worse! This time at the Drs. office I will have many questions to ask before he does anything. Like what does he think it is, and is he going to x-ray or MRI. the heal. No more pushing me off to therapy before I know what I'm dealing with, and so does the Dr. Thanks Everyone

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Taking yourself off Paxil without side effects...???
One of my dear friends, J, had been taking Paxil for...
sooz
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Gluten-free diet may do more harm than good
I'm not sure about you but I've been hearing from friends,...
Konrad___far_north
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™