proper diet for this ... crohns or ?

vieja_gwJuly 17, 2012

My sister has been diagnosed with either crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. Does anyone with either of these have suggestions for a proper diet, medication, etc.?? She has been ill for so long & needs a good proper diet to now build up her strength. She had colon cancer & has had a colostomy for years.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookie8

There is a great book called The Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall. It takes hard work and is difficult to start but once you are on it your body really resets itself and this is without medication. Here is a the Amazon link. Check out the reviews. I do a diet similar for my health conditions - it's hard but so worth it!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Vicious-Cycle-Intestinal-Through/product-reviews/0969276818/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 10:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vieja_gw

Thank you! I guess it all amounts to what each individual tolerates best. She loves to snack on 'Wheatables' which I think would be a 'No-No' for Crohn's/ulcerative colitis! She has been so weak for so long before this diagnosis was made so I hope she can get some of her strength back now with a proper diagnosis.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 1:55PM
More Discussions
Taking yourself off Paxil without side effects...???
One of my dear friends, J, had been taking Paxil for...
sooz
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
"Medicare Demystified"
A few minutes ago I saw a post from about six weeks...
Lindsey_CA
Sponsored Products
Vibe Highback Office Chair in Black
$315.00 | LexMod
42 x 42 Square Granite stone shower base in trendy Gray - PHOENIX
Living'ROC
Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Pleasant Night Super Pillowtop Queen-size Mattress S
Overstock.com
Plaza Stainless Steel 31-Light Silver Shade Swarovski Elements Pendant Light, 27
Bellacor
Black Desk Lamps: 12 in. LED Black Desk Lamp 540412
$14.99 | Home Depot
Daylight White 5050 LED Super Flat Rope, 60/m, White Finish, Meter
EnvironmentalLights.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™