D-Mannose ?

JoAnn_FlaJuly 24, 2013

Has anyone tried it? Its suppose to be for UTI's. Whats your opinion on it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I didn't even know what it was until I googled it. I put a url for different opinions on it below. It does have some side effects like all drugs, some are serious.

What does your doctor say about stopping the UTI's.

Here is a link that might be useful: D Mannose

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 2:56PM
cookie8

I tried and love my organic options before meds but this one didn't work for me. I mean, when you have a UTI it is hard to wait it out a few days, even more than one day, for the symptoms to subside. Are they chronic (UTIs) for you? You can probably take cranberry supplements as a preventative measure.

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 5:19PM
emma

Sorry......The cranberry thing is a myth, it does not help. If it seems to help just try drinking more water and see if that helps also. When I looked for cranberry juice I could not find anything that was all cranberry juice. It's just another cool aid drink, at least what I saw was.

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 6:29PM
maifleur01

The cranberry acidifies the body and works for some by adjusting the PH. Not human but I used to give my cat, who had urinary crystals with vet approval, cranberry concentrate that you use to make your own drink. Real cranberry juice is so strong that most would not be able to drink it straight. If you have ever tried to crush a single cranberry you have seen how little juice it will provide. Cooked it releases the juice but without added water burns before all of the berries are cooked. Try it and see.

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 9:12PM
emma

The findings of the study was in our local newspaper. It said there were no benefits found by consuming cranberry juice.

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 10:32PM
emma

I just researched it for myself and put the URL below. You especially need to read the the Pros & Cons because of the side effects of the strong dosage you need. Then weigh the benefit against the side effects.

The cranberries can cause kidney stones. That is only one of the side effects. It causes other things because of the acid in the berries. The studies were done with concentrate juice which is very hard to swallow, literally.

One site said "Currently, no medical organization recommends drinking cranberry juice or taking cranberry pills to prevent UTIs."

Here is a link that might be useful: Cranberries

This post was edited by EmmaR on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 23:00

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 10:55PM
More Discussions
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
HEARING AIDS SUGGESTIONS/EXPERIENCES
Need at least one hearing aid. Dr recommends type...
Robert Givens
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
Sponsored Products
'Don't Forget to be Awesome' Box Sign
$10.99 | zulily
Maxim Rondo Nickel Finish 31" Wide 5-Light Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Centre Satin Nickel Parabolic White Swirl Pattern Glass Three-Light LED Mini Pen
$715.00 | Bellacor
Artemide | Mongura Mini Table Lamp
$895.00 | YLighting
Tolomeo with Shade Wall Lamp by Artemide
$400.00 | Lumens
Ambella Home Collection - Twist Column Sink Chest - 08193-110-322
Great Furniture Deal
Arteriors Home - Eastland Sculpture - 2566
Great Furniture Deal
North Port Antique Brass Semi-Flush Ceiling Light
$98.91 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™