Dupont Sorona and Mohawk SmartStrand Carpet

gigabitAugust 26, 2009

I read the earleir post on this forum about Dupont's new Sorona Carpet. I have also read else where (see link below) that Mohawk SmartStrand carpet is the only company with this special carpet technology... 'is only available with Mohawk Carpets'

Is this true?

Here is a link that might be useful: Mohawk SmartStrand Carpet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jbranch

Yes.

Bookmark   August 27, 2009 at 6:59PM
tessaduncan

Just had it installed a couple of weeks ago and we absolutely love it!! It wasn't even 24 hours before my daughter dropped spaghetti sauce and my dog vomited on it and both times it cleaned up with just water. It's so soft, I caught my daughter (she's 20!) making "carpet angels" on it.

Bookmark   August 28, 2009 at 9:56AM
echoflooring

It is also available in karastan Carpet....Altough karastan is owned by Mohawk...

Bookmark   August 30, 2009 at 2:26AM
maedie

I am so new here and am not sure where to post my question -- maybe you can help. Another question about Aladdin Silk at Home Depot-- I brought samples home and on the samples is written "Mohawk smartStrand BCF 3GT polyester with Dupont Sorona". I guess I am confused since I interpreted a prior post on another thread to mean that Aladdin was made with the Canadian PTT SmartStrand which wasn't Sorona. Does is make any difference in real life?? Also --Does anyone know the relative DENSITY between Aladdin Silk, Command I and II, and the Organic Luxury line? How would one judge quality between the lines? Thank you, Thank you soooooo much!

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 9:22AM
jbranch

Maedie - Home Depot's products are labelled differently than at other stores. What you read is true about the Aladdin Smartstrand, except at Home Depot.

Bookmark   September 5, 2009 at 3:17PM
gigabit

Doing some blogging I happened upon a Karastan Smartstrand Carpet Sale. Up to $3 off per foot, but it doesn't sound like it is offered by all stores. So is Karastan better than Mohawk?

Here is a link that might be useful: Karastran SmartStrand Carpet Sale

Bookmark   September 5, 2009 at 7:43PM
Misamore_WI_rr_com

How does Organic Luxury line compare to premier srn04 Lucky Star from Lowes?? Is the quality the same???

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 9:38PM
More Discussions
3/8 vs 1/2 inch thick engineered hardwood for staple down installation
We are trying to decide between two similar engineered...
chellefnp
Bamboo Floor Disaster
Hi, I got new bamboo floors when I renovated my NYC...
katefriedmann
No hardwood warranty from HOM Furniture store - midwest
So after falling in love with Birch engineered floor...
Maryna
Experiences with vinyl flooring
Hello, I was wondering individuals experiences with...
einajr
Any experience with BellaCera hardwood flooring and/or hickory wood?
We fell in love with a hickory hardwood in their line,...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™