On the search for rustic wood flooring!

HeatherKB6August 8, 2012

I'm on the search for rustic wood flooring and need any suggestions you have! We're building a house and looking for medium-medium/dark wood, wide plank (7+ in. ideally) with a rustic, natural feel that ideally wouldn't break the bank either ($7-8/sq. feet range?) Are there any suggestions out there? We'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gregmills_gw

I personally think you are going to have a hard time finding pre finish in that size for your price range. You might be able to find raw wood for that price but you going to be looking at more money for install and sanding.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 10:43AM
gregmills_gw

I personally think you are going to have a hard time finding pre finish in that size for your price range. You might be able to find raw wood for that price but you going to be looking at more money for install and sanding.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 10:45AM
UniqueWoodFloor

"Teka" Hardwood Flooring has a collection called "Landscrape" which comes in 7" to 8" wide, 3/4" thick, 7' plus long. It is priced well.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 2:26PM
dianne47

Where are you located? We have lots of wood flooring and ceilings in our home, sourced from "Old Wood" in Las Vegas, NM. They're a very green company, family owned, and employ local people in the factory. Made in USA all the way.

When we went to the company to choose our wood there were beautiful stair treads and risers in a stack, ready to ship. I commented on them and the owner said, "Yeah, those are for Ted Turner's ranch." You owe it to yourselves to at least look at the Old Wood website (very home-made), link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Wood in Las Vegas, NM

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 3:43PM
HeatherKB6

Thanks everyone! I found some Bella Cera wood in the Amalfi Coast collection for $7/sq. foot. Anyone have any experience with it? I really like the rustic wood, but would prefer it to not be semi-gloss. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 4:28PM
fsmemphis

Semi-gloss is nice but you should consider the traffic level in the room. If you have pets or children, daily cleaning will be required of semi-gloss floors.

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Other hardwood options

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
has anyone put down oiled wood floors?
i fell in love with floors by a company called DuChateau....
Bridget Helm
Solid or engineered wood treads on stairs
I'm in the middle of a major home renovation, which...
swguru
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
farm house Floors
Hello everyone. I live in a old farmhouse in new england....
jennybog
What I Learned About Installing Engineered Floors
We just finished installing engineered flooring over...
francesca_sf
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™