$1000 for 11 X 14 bound carpeting ?

chisueAugust 15, 2011

What would I pay for a piece of 11 X 14 carpet, bound on four sides? Wool? (Stop that laughing, please.) Nylon? (Still frizzy looking stuff, or better now?)

We have a barf-y Westie. This is for our BR. King Bed, two large side chests (12 feet total width). If I didn't get one big piece, with *acres* of it sitting under the bed, what size bits (3) would work?

Must be only 11 feet long. Can be 12 - 14 feet wide.

Is there an standard oriental size that would work? I do like wool, and orientals usually clean up nicely without showing a stain.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clg7067

I have not priced it, but it seems to run about $2 a foot based on what I've read online. So, that comes out to about $100. But prices will vary based on location.

I also think that price is based on you taking your rug to the binder. If you have a store do the work, it's going to cost more.

Bookmark   August 16, 2011 at 12:43PM
Cindyloo123

There is a big carpet warehouse here in Delaware that binds anything you want, in their store, for $2.00 per linear foot.

Other than that, I can't tell you what it would cost to get the kind of carpet you are looking for. I would think you could find something pretty nice for $1,000 in that size though.

I'm about to do the same thing in my BR. Taking out the wall to wall, putting down wood, then will need to add one large or three small rugs to walk on. I think it will cost the same whether I do the one large or the three small.

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 1:14AM
Floortech

You wont spend a thousanD unless you want TO. Pick out an 11 x 12 smartstrand or something like that. Any color you want. Have it bound. a 11 x 14 bound should cost you about 75 to 100 bucks tops for the binding. 12 x 14 of carpet you will need to buy. at 3.50 a sq ft which will get you nice nice nice carpet....$588 plus the hundred ..your at 688 and can have some damned nice ez clean carpet and let them barf away...

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 12:17AM
chisue

Thank you all.

Floortech -- That was the complete answer I was looking for. So...I buy a 12 X 14 of 'Smartstrand' -- what is that? Nylon? What weight would I get for $3.50?

I'm replacing a pretty dense twist with chubby strands about 3/4 inch high. It's too old for any meaningful cost comparison.

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 10:46AM
live_wire_oak

With animal barfing expected, I'd personally choose something polypropylene rather than wool or smartstrand. It will stand up to the acids and bile much much better. It can be difficult to find in something "soft" to the feet, but it can be done. You usually see polypropylene marketed as "exterior" rugs, so this time of the year, you might find something you like on clearance. Outdoor rugs have come a long way and you can find all kinds of styles in them nowadays.

Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 2:33PM
More Discussions
Dupont's new Sorona carpet
We're just starting to shop around for new carpet for...
christie_sw_mo
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
Asbestos question, please help, this has me worried sick.
About a year ago there were these workers that would...
sh4rx
Ceramic wood tile into sunken living room?
Getting ready to remodel a house I am purchasing. Would...
m323
Need Advice on Engineered Hardwood for Desert Home Vacation Rental
We are replacing floors in a home that will be a vacation...
Sponsored Products
Feiss Fording 16 1/4" Wide Brushed Steel Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Safavieh Erin Clear Table Lamp (2 Piece Set)
$122.85 | LuxeDecor
15" x 108" Runner
$101.90 | Horchow
Ambella Home Collection - Casablanca Mirrored Chest - 30005-830-001
Great Furniture Deal
Eleganza - Fossil Trav Field 24x24 - FT2424
$2.94 | PlumbTile
Kensington Chair
FRONTGATE
Pre-owned Danish Modern Arne Vodder Teak Dining Set
Chairish
Dhurries Light Blue and Ivory Rectangular: 3 Ft. x 5 Ft. Rug