My Positive Huntington's Page

heatherdugdaleNovember 6, 2007

I am 24, am experiencing HuntingtonÂs disease symptoms. My family is one of the few in the world who have early onset. I was a Nurse before I got sick. I made a positive, comprehensive website. It has a blog, care giving tips, ways to fight brain fog, myths, my story, my families story, history, and ways to have a positive testing experience. I also put on there the poems I got published in the horizon.

http://heatherdugdale.angelfire.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

bumb

Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 8:03PM
sylviatexas1

heather, I read quite a bit of your page, & it's lovely.

I didn't respond here so as to not take the thread off the top, but since someone else did, I'd like to tell you that your page(s) is wonderful;

Many of us don't know much about Huntington's, & your messages are informative as well as touchingly personal.

I wish you the very best.

Bookmark   November 27, 2007 at 1:01PM
kms4me

Heather,

I read a lot on your website.

I am totally in awe of your courage and openness. You amaze me.

Kate

Bookmark   September 5, 2008 at 1:33AM
lisamelvin

Hi Heather,

I recently lost my mother on August 9th. after a lifelong battle with cancer. My mother developed melanoma cancer when she was 18 years old and survived over 25 operations. One on her face, which left her disfigured, one on her back to remove her spine and insert a 12 in. rod and many more and then she got it in her lung.

Sadly, the complications from treating her lung cancer is what took her life.

You are an inspiration! You have an attitude that closely resembles the attitude my mom had. Her attitude and the way she dealt with her disease is mostly what kept her around until she was 64 years old. She was my hero and I love and miss her very much.

She taught me to never loose faith, never give up hope and spend your time with people who really care about you and you them. Your mother must have been a courageous and beautiful woman to have born such a beautiful spirit as you.

I pray the very best comes your way and wish you the best of luck in this journey you are on!

Blessings,

Lisa

Bookmark   September 5, 2008 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Loss of my Precious son
Today marks one week that I lost my precious 22 year...
staciet129
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
Seeing a Loved One After They Passed Away
I have heard a few stories of people who have actually...
lulie___wayne
Disposing of Loved Ones' Belongings
Going through our deceased loved ones' belongings and...
lulie___wayne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™