Is it the house?

junemnNovember 5, 2005

Ever since my grandson took his life in our house it just seems like things are going wrong. We had a problem with the water, our car is acting funny and now our dog is sick. This is an old house that has seen a lot and it just feels like it's tired. We fix everything that happens to it but some how it doesn't have the same feeling. I suppose it sounds a little strange, I know it's just a house but somehow it feels like the old knotted tree outside my window. Can't figure out what's wrong with the dog either, he has a vet appointment Monday.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lulie___wayne

I'm sorry you are having problems. I think that after we experience such a tremendous loss, minor things that happen in our lives sometimes seem magnified because we are already in a weakened emotional state. Realistically though, most things truly are not worth worrying about when we look at the big picture....when we compare them to what we have already gone through. I do know what you are talking about though. At times when I succumb to being bothered by the "minor" things, I remind myself of how much worse things could be and it always makes feel better.
I would guess that if these things would have gone on before your grandson left, they would have rolled off your back.
Take care and I hope that you will feel better soon. I hope your dog is okay.
Lu

Bookmark   November 6, 2005 at 8:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
junemn

You are so right Lu. These things are just everyday things and no big deal. Any other time we wouldn't even think about them. I always tell my kids not to sweat the small stuff, I guess I should take my own advice. The dog has Lyme Disease but has medication for it and will be just fine. Thanks for setting me on track. June

Bookmark   November 7, 2005 at 7:07PM
More Discussions
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
When the greiving begins before death
My mother and I kept my grandmother at home, she went...
cherig22
Loss of Adult Son
Lost adult son one day into his thirtieth year this...
sewluv2
Sudden Witnessed Death of Spouse
I am new to this forum. I found this site after Google...
jcsgirl2012
how to help a grieving mom
tomorrow I am going to visit my beautful cousin who...
homebodymom
Sponsored Products
Garage Storage Cabinet with Seven Shelves
Overstock.com
LBL Lighting | Omni With Cover Medium Wall Sconce
$292.00 | YLighting
Matte White 4 3/4" Wide LED Step Light
Lamps Plus
House of Troy Round Base Upright Antique Brass Piano Lamp
Lamps Plus
Colonial Mills Boat House Stair Tread - 8 x 28 in. - Set of 13 - BT49A008X028S
$308.99 | Hayneedle