Afraid

cindysweetsNovember 28, 2007

I posted my story on Oct. 26th.

With losing my mother at 6 years old and then losing my father and uncle so suddenly 10 months ago, I'm so afraid of who is next.

I have the most wonderful husband. I love him more than any words could possibly describe. We make each other laugh every day. Every moment I look at him, I just smile and appreciate him and feel so grateful to have him in my life. He has been amazing the last 10 months, sacrificing many of his shirts to my tears.

I truly feel we have the next 70+ years together, but after what I've been through, how can I not think off losing him? I couldn't bear it.

I've told my therapist all of this and I know I shouldn't focus on it, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't alone in having these thoughts.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

You're definitely not alone. I think most of us who have experienced lossÂparticularly loss in childhoodÂare acutely aware of the fragility of life and fear losing someone else. Or fear dying themselves.

I think it goes with the territory, and you're rightÂthe key is not to focus on it. Of course, that's easier some days than others. But fear really is a destructive emotion, and it's worth your effort to try not to let it consume your thinking.

Susan

Bookmark   November 28, 2007 at 2:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

After losing my husband, at a very young age, to cancer in April, death is always on my mind - it's a horrible feeling of pending doom that I just can't get rid of. I try to focus on positive things, and sometimes it works and sometimes not. It is especially bad at night.

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 8:36PM
More Discussions
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
Losing Someone to Suicide
I once had a roommate, call her Yvonne, who was bi-polar; when...
sylviatexas1
Loss of my Precious son
Today marks one week that I lost my precious 22 year...
staciet129
Dad just passed away
My dad had a heart attack on Thursday January 22, 2015....
kissfan1
Sudden Witnessed Death of Spouse
I am new to this forum. I found this site after Google...
jcsgirl2012
Sponsored Products
Moooi | Dear Ingo Chandelier
YLighting
Mezzo Mod Dish - Steel Life
$98.00 | HORNE
Moooi | Lolita Suspension Light
$715.00 | YLighting
Moooi | Lolita Table Lamp
YLighting
Stilt Table Lamp by Blu Dot
$299.00 | Lumens