Strange but true

nita1950June 10, 2005

Recently, I started hearing a pulse like noise when things were quiet. When I would lie down to sleep it was louder and more pronounced. I finally determined that I was hearing my own pulse beating. I would press my fingers to my ear and I could hear it really good. I am 55 and I had never experienced this before. It is pretty loud at times and I really wondered what it was at first. Has anyone experienced this. I have an appointment with the doctor next week and feel kind of stupid mentioning this to him, as I don't want to sound weird.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennmonkey

That happens to me all the time Nita. Especially when I am laying in bed about to go to sleep, and my neck is against my pillow. I can hear my heart beating loudly, sometimes I have to change my pillow's position so I can go to sleep. Nothing to worry about, better that you can hear it beating than not! :)

Bookmark   June 11, 2005 at 10:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tonylyn

This could be a sign of high blood pressure. My mother has very high blood pressure and she said this was one of the symptoms. Wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.

Tonylyn

Bookmark   June 17, 2005 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™