Talk To Me About Residential Indoor Rubber Flooring

Mama_ZAugust 27, 2011

We're in the process of finishing our basement and are trying to decide on flooring. Can anyone share their experience with using rubber for stairs and the floor? I'm interested in possibly pairing it with cork -- the rubber for the stairs (would that have to be treads or can you cut regular rubber flooring and mold it to stairs?) and then for a small landing that will have a few closets and a powder room. From that point there are two very shallow steps that bring you down into the main part of the basement and I was thinking we could do cork there.

I'm having a difficult time finding any information on pairing the two floors as well as reputable dealers of residential rubber floor. Other thoughts: would we need to put some sort of foam underneath or is it cushy enough on its own and could our contractor install this or would we only be able to do it by finding someone who has done it before?

Thanks in advance:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
myusername

We're in the middle of the same decision process. I keep hearing that cork isn't good for below grade unless you do the click together kind, which my husband has taken an instant dislike to. But I really like cork so I would love to find a way to do it.

Capri makes a number of rubber + cork products that can go on floors or walls.

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
Float or glue engineered wood over very smooth concrete slab
Hello, I am a recent first time homeowner who has been...
hueydj
What clear finish to put on hardwood flooring?
I recently bought a home with the entry way being hardwood...
obrionusa
TEC power grout safe for marble
My installer uses TEC power grout. I have polished...
MrsD
Experiences with vinyl flooring
Hello, I was wondering individuals experiences with...
einajr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™