a VERY bad year for me

archimedesNovember 28, 2007

It started out in April of this year with the sudden loss of my pet Moluccan cockatoo, Corky. When I awoke, I found him at the bottom of his cage. I rushed in and picked him up to find out what was wrong only to have him pass away in my arms. He was only 19 years old. At least twelve of those years were with me.

Then on July 3rd, my cousin who has been fighting cancer since being diagnosed in 2004, was told that there was no more the doctors could do for him and that he had only 6 to 8 months left. On October 3 his sister-in-law called to let us know that he had just passed away.

Thinking that things couldnÂt get any worse, my grandmother on Nov. 6th just five days before her 90th birthday, suffered what doctors call a silent stroke. They said there was little hope of her making it through that night.

She proved them wrong. By Thanksgiving she back walking short distances and her speech was almost back to normal. She had to, Thanksgiving everyone planed to be there this year. When we took pictures, someone realized that there were five generations in the picture.

Then on the evening of Nov. 25th, my cousin called and said that the paramedics were there working on grandma. He said that they had already used the paddles on her three times but were having a hard time getting her to respond and that he would call back when they were taking her to the hospital. A half hour latter he called back and said that she didnÂt make it. Her funeral is this Saturday, December 1. But what makes it harder for me is that my grandmother and I both share the same birthday.

Thanks for letting me post this. I didnÂt think it would help, but it has.

Archie.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

You have had a rough time. Remember the good times and the good memories and take one day at a time. Tears are healing and memories are good.

Bookmark   November 28, 2007 at 10:31PM
kayjones

Oh, I am sorry to hear of your losses - it is especially difficult when the holidays are upon us. My husband died last April, and I am really dreading the next few weeks - Christmas was one of his favorite holidays.

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 8:34PM
sharon620

I am very sorry for your losses! What a tough year you've have had. They say time is the answer. I also lost my pet of 13 years. Ryley. He was my min poodle. Four months later I lost my Dad. Like I said they say time is the answer.
Please know that you are not alone.

Sharon

Bookmark   December 9, 2007 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
Loss of Adult Son
Lost adult son one day into his thirtieth year this...
sewluv2
Loss of my Precious son
Today marks one week that I lost my precious 22 year...
staciet129
i have never felt so alone lost and frightened
i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due...
BewilderedShock
Loss of first born Adult Son
I have just found this site I lost my first born adult...
jamesdasmum
How to live after the death of a spouse
Hope this might be helpful to some. 1 Before you move...
JoAnn_Fla
Sponsored Products
A Little Faith Table Clock by David Scherer
$98.95 | Bellacor
Concealed Thermostatic Triple Shower Valve with Diverter 3 Outlets
Hudson Reed
Celeste White 52 Inch Blade Span Ceiling Fan, Blades And Light Kit
$75.60 | Bellacor
Unique Red Diamond Motif Hand Knotted 9'x12' Heriz Serapi Wool Area Rug H6962
BH Sun Inc
Fresca Oxford 36" Traditional Bathroom Vanity - Espresso
Modern Bathroom
Colonial Mills Outdoor Houndstooth Tweed Chair Pad - 15 x 15 in. - OT19A015X015S
$29.99 | Hayneedle
King Blanket 108" x 90"
$179.90 | Horchow
Crosley Durango Wildlife Fire Pit in Clay - CO9008A-CL
$169.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™