A message of Hope

jacksmumNovember 29, 2004

Hi. I've been lurking for a few days and want to say how much inspiration and friendship I feel from your posts.

My Father died five years ago (December 4th) of a sudden heart attack and although time does heal the holidays can still get rough, especially for my Mum.

Anyway I saw this beautiful candle message and just wanted to come out of hiding to share it with you all.

Sue :)

Here is a link that might be useful: 4 Candles

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

Just beatiful. Thank you.

Bookmark   November 29, 2004 at 8:54PM
PRO
Nell Jean

Thank you for the link, Sue. I hope the Holidays this year will be especially meaningful for your mother and you, and that taking the step to share this with us will help you in the healing process.

Nell

Bookmark   November 29, 2004 at 9:58PM
evatx

That is just beautiful! Thanks so much for posting it.

Bookmark   November 30, 2004 at 12:34AM
jacksmum

I'm so glad you liked it and that I could offer something of comfort. Your stories and strength really help especially at the holidays.

I'm so pleased that the garden web has a forum like this.
HUGS
Sue.

Bookmark   November 30, 2004 at 1:18AM
dcrowex

Sue, I am very sorry about your father - I am so glad you found us here. Please join in and share with us.

The candles were quite inspiring - just beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I thought it was a pretty powerful message.

deb

Bookmark   November 30, 2004 at 10:12PM
lulie___wayne

Sue, I am also so sorry for the loss of your father. It is so hard to lose our parents who loved us unconditionally, always.
Thank you so very much for the candle link. I enjoyed it and I sent it to several people. It is beautiful and so very true.
Lu

Bookmark   December 1, 2004 at 12:41AM
jacksmum

Thank you. It's five years tomorrow since Dad's sudden departure and although I know he is still with me spiritually, phsyically it does still hurt - I was a real Daddy's little girl :)
Here's a link to his memorial page if you want a peek.

Here is a link that might be useful: Memorial to My Dad

Bookmark   December 2, 2004 at 9:05PM
PaperDoll

I am sorry about your dad. I can't see the candles. Can you post a url instead of a direct link, please?
Thank you
Carol

Bookmark   December 2, 2004 at 10:07PM
jacksmum

Carol hope this is better. You should hear music too.

Memorial

Bookmark   December 2, 2004 at 11:57PM
Leogirl

Thank you for the link; it is beautiful. I've been feeling very hopeless and today is a rough day. It was September 4th when my wonderful husband died unexpectedly. Each month on the 4th I walk around with a dark cloud over my head and I have to wonder how long this goes on and is it normal to feel this way on the death date each month? I question if I'm doing this to myself - I think that my misery is the only thing that is familiar anymore. I've decided to try a few couseling sessions and see if that helps me any because I've had a couple of episodes lately that seem to be close to panic attacks. I still can't believe that my soul mate is gone and I miss him so much. I tried to do the "normal" Thanksgiving thing and shopping with my daughter the day after and that was all a foolish mistake. There's nothing normal going on here. I meant to put up the tree that weekend and I still haven't and may not. Part of me wants to drag everything out and decorate the house all over the way we have for the 19 Christmas holidays we shared. The other part of me wishes I could go to bed and sleep until next year. Any words of wisdom for me out there?

Bookmark   December 4, 2004 at 9:21AM
PaperDoll

Thank you, Sue. That is beautiful.
Carol

Bookmark   December 4, 2004 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
how to help a grieving mom
tomorrow I am going to visit my beautful cousin who...
homebodymom
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
Losing Someone to Suicide
I once had a roommate, call her Yvonne, who was bi-polar; when...
sylviatexas1
Dad just passed away
My dad had a heart attack on Thursday January 22, 2015....
kissfan1
hard to let go
I lost my husband of 37 years in just 3 weeks of finding...
greendalelady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™