You May Be Killing Yourself!!!!!

ARUMJune 5, 2007

Calm down. That's what my husband said. I almost made myself chronically ill, from anxiety. After almost two years of spazzing out about the pain and burning all through my body, I listened to him, and now I'm doing really great. Calm down, - you may save your life. :0 Arum

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

That's Great!!!! We'll never know just how much the mind affects our general health. Keep up the good thoughts.
Aggie

Bookmark   June 6, 2007 at 7:56AM
catherinet

I'm happy for you arum,
Any suggestions as to how to accomplish that? Is it just "mind over matter"? Is it learning to focus away from ourselves? Is it eating a certain way, or believing in something? I can't seem to get there from here!

Bookmark   June 6, 2007 at 10:34AM
Meghane

We're all dying anyway. Might as well enjoy the trip!

Bookmark   June 6, 2007 at 6:03PM
ARUM

Thanks Anggie. :) Catherinet, have you ever heard of Bio-feedback? Relaxation Techniques? It really works. You have to practice every day. Try taking in a very deep breath starting from your abdomen, then when it can't breath in any more, let the breath out very slowly, while concentrating on what you are doing. Do it about five times in a row, you will feel yourself relaxing. Do it at night, in the morning, and during the day when you feel tense. Look up relaxing techniques on a search engine, and then print out what you read and practice. I promise. You will be a new person. Arum

Bookmark   June 6, 2007 at 6:04PM
zoewolf

I AM killing myself, or at least trying. Can't seem to kick the nicotine habit. I am also peri-menopausal, have anxiety attacks, and am a cronic insomnic.

I've come to terms with my medical history and since my kids are now nearly adults, I am truly ready to "meet my maker". No excuses, no regrets, no remorse. Just hope that it happens quickly and painlessly (as does everyone else).

Bookmark   June 6, 2007 at 7:56PM
ARUM

zoewolf, I really do know how you feel,-except for the cigs. Sometimes we may say we hate life, but we may just hate life the way we are living it,and feeling at the time. If you so some relaxation therapy, I bet you will feel differently. Also, go to a nursing home, observe closely, and you may feel like the man who cried because he had no shoes, until he met the man who had no feet. I mean, if we can walk, see, taste, hear, we are the lucky ones. Let's work with what we have. Arum

Bookmark   June 6, 2007 at 8:47PM
zoewolf

Been there and done that. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly fortunate. I have it made. Two beautiful, exceptionally intelligent, career driven, daughters. Husband who makes lots and lots of money, so I have no need to work. We have a total of 5 automobiles -- two of which are Mercedes. A hugh, expensive home. Most people would kill to be in this position.

I am unfortunatley trying to hassen the death process myself to get out of it. Life sucks, and then you die. Period end.

Too many friends and way too many close family members are dead. I just miss them terribly sometimes.

Bookmark   June 7, 2007 at 2:25AM
ARUM

I can help you. Email me. :)

Bookmark   June 7, 2007 at 6:46AM
More Discussions
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™