Anybody familiar with FormMail?

audrey_gwDecember 10, 2003

I'm the webmaster for a writers' conference web site. We have a brochure request form on the web site that has always worked fine in the past. But someone recently told me that they'd gotten an error message from it. After testing it myself, I got the same message--as follows: "There was an invalid recipient address specified in the data sent to FormMail. Please make sure you have filled in the recipient form field with an e-mail address that has been configured in either @recipient_addressess or else in @recipient_domains. More information on filling in recipient form fields and variables can be found in the README file."

The recipient e-mail address is my own, which hasn't changed in years, and which always worked fine in the past. So I don't understand why the program suddenly has a problem with it. I did try inserting my mother's e-mail address instead to see if that would help, but I got the same error message with it. Anybody have any idea what has gone wrong here? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trudi_d

I just signed up with formmail this afternoon. They have a large FAQ section, you should be able to get the right coding for the script once you go through the moves.

T

Bookmark   December 14, 2003 at 7:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ray_Scheel

There is a change in the recepients setup on new versions that was required to address a security issue, we just had to do this for several of our client's sites as well as out own. Your web host probably upgraded to block the hole, and now you need to modify your config file to compensate. The asnwer is in the FAQ.

Bookmark   January 8, 2004 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
work-at-home websites...are they all scams?
Are there any legitimate work-at-home websites that...
donnas_gw
artwork for new bathroom
I recently remodeled my bathroom and am looking for...
xamxam
Can I disable source view or hide my html source
Any one knows how to disable source view or how to...
Rohit
Bonsai
GardenWeb I hope this post finds you well. I have acquired...
olindha
How to embed animated Gifs onto GW?
I tried posting the way chuggeryguy which worked for...
ladyrose65
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™