My Stomach pain is finally GONE!

NancyB007June 30, 2004

If you're having stomach pain this might interest you. I've had sharp pain all around my stomach for about a year. (not lower in the abdomen). I read about H. Pylori and thought that was it but a blood test was negative. Finally went to a gastro for an upper endoscopy. Biopsy showed an infection in the stomach lining which they assumed WAS H. Pylori. Well, 2 weeks on Prevpac (2 antibiotics and a Previcid twice a day) and NO MORE PAIN!!! Dr. said it is very common and I probably got it as a kid (45 years ago.) One third of the world is infected with the bacteria (it spirals into the lining of the stomach-no wonder it hurt) but most people don't know they have it. Some people think they have ulcers or are popping tons of antacids, etc. with no relief. THis was discovered in the early 80's I think. Anyway, after SOOOOOOOOOOO much suffering (hurt when I did eat and more when I didn't!) now it's finally gone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gandbb

so glad to hear it worked for you. It worked for me too and for my daughter. She was doubled up with pain on an almost daily basis. My problem was acid reflux. I would wake at night with a mouth full of stomach content and a burning throat. All better now thanks to the little purple pill

Bookmark   July 1, 2004 at 2:41AM
More Discussions
HEARING AIDS SUGGESTIONS/EXPERIENCES
Need at least one hearing aid. Dr recommends type...
Robert Givens
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
tough skin on feet
I have been to foot doc.and they say rhey don't know...
goldy
The importance of biometrics in healthcare
Source: www.blogiritech.com The healthcare system,...
iritechinc
Sponsored Products
Pre-owned Pink & Purple Overdyed Turkish Carpet 5'11"x8'11"
Chairish
Faux Wood 21 1/2-inch Blinds
Overstock.com
Dream Song Art Print
$34.99 | Dot & Bo
Modular Cylinder Bath Bar 10 Watt
Lightology
Majestic Golden Bronze Two Light Wall Sconce
$186.00 | Bellacor