Maybe this will make you smile a little

socksOctober 24, 2004

Today I went to the cemetery. Saw some really beautiful flowers left at gravesites. But I had to chuckle when I saw that instead of flowers, someone had left a pumpkin. I have never seen that and thought it was nice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Nell Jean

The football team where my son went to college is known as the Yellow Jackets. I have a yellow jacket pinwheel -- okay, maybe it's a bee, but I transfer it from floral arrangement to floral arrangement on his grave when I change the flowers. Sometimes I drive through the cemetery and its little wings turn in the wind as I drive by.

Bookmark   October 24, 2004 at 9:47PM
socks

FoxesEarth...that's very sweet.

Bookmark   October 24, 2004 at 10:27PM
dcrowex

that is interesting....i had not thought about taking anything other than flowers. thanks for sharing.

deb

Bookmark   October 26, 2004 at 12:02PM
Charlee_MO

Some days when I go to the cemetary I take my 2 little dogs.
Someone has put one of those pinwheel birds at my friend Josh's grave. The dogs weren't too sure what to do the first time they saw it out there.
This did make me smile, thanks.

Charlee

Bookmark   October 26, 2004 at 4:43PM
lulie___wayne

Yesterday when I was out at the cemetery, someone also had brought a real pumpkin with a flower arrangement inside. It was really pretty.
Lu

Bookmark   October 27, 2004 at 10:47AM
joansews4u

My mother was fond of wind chimes. My daughter put one by her grave. In 7 years she has had to replace them. ? thoughts that someone would steal it but they do disappear. Everyone who sees them knows why there is one there.

Bookmark   October 28, 2004 at 12:47AM
des_arc_ya_ya

One of my best friends who died in 2001 has a large ceramic red rooster on her grave. She was a beautiful redhead who had started collecting roosters and displaying them in her kitchen.

The first Mother's Day after my MIL had died I could hardly bear to buy one bouquet of flowers, one card, etc. I took flowers to the cemetary and a large helium balloon that said, "To the World's Greatest Mother". When I left the cemetary it was blowing in the breeze and I could see it up on the hill. It made me feel good because she used to hug us "bye" on her front porch and then as we were driving away she'd rush to the window and wave at us through it. The balloon made me feel as though she were still waving and sending her love to us.

Bookmark   November 6, 2004 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
Gift
Hello, I joined today because a friend has just lost...
friend2U
i have never felt so alone lost and frightened
i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due...
BewilderedShock
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy, see link Here is a...
Konrad___far_north
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
Sponsored Products
Hendrik Chrome Wall Mounted Bath Fixture
$134.20 | Bellacor
Ivory Floral Rug (7'10 x 10')
Overstock.com
Area Rug: Fun Time Exotic Creatures Multi Colored 39" x 58"
$49.97 | Home Depot
Radio Artwork Super Deck I
Grandin Road
Live it, Love it Throw Pillow Cover
$29.99 | Dot & Bo