Marble Countertop Help!!

monikaxpNovember 29, 2012

Hi,
I have recently decided to purchase a spec home and got it in time to customize a few finishes. The big change was going from the builder standard grade granite to a white Calacatta honed marble countertop and island. When I saw the final result I was extremely disappointed...you can see a distinct grey line in the middle of the edge. None of my prior research of white marble countertops have this finishing.

I feel this is unacceptable, shoddy work that makes my expensive marble look cheap.

The builder is claiming " This is the correct island edge. No builder does a mitered edge on any natural stone countertops and I have never heard of anyone doing it. Jonathan and I have built over 50 homes between us, every one of them with natural stone, marble, granite, quartz, and silestone and we always have done a laminated edge just like every other builder in Houston."

See for yourselves...and please any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andrea345

You're in the wrong directory for kitchen comments like this, but your builder is not telling you the truth. Our edge is mitered, so the face is a solid piece. All they've done is laminated two pieces together.

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 12:10AM
More Discussions
HTML link test
Does HTML work?
PatchyJack
How to post documents from googledoc into Post?
How do I attach a excel, and word documents to a post...
ladyrose65
Links from an undesirable site
I don't know any where else to post this. I need some...
samtom_gw
Inserting a picture into a website (with css?)
Yesterday I googled how to insert a picture into a...
norman2012
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™