Glucosamine

pawprint1June 6, 2005

Anyone tried this? My chiropractor suggested it and I started it today.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PeaBee4

It can do wonders. A lot depends on which joints are bothersome. It seems to work best for the large ones like knee and hip, but not as well for the tiny ones like the fingers and toes. You may not notice any difference for about four weeks. Don't give up!! Give it at least six. If you cannot detect any change after six weeks, it probably won't help you.
PB

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 8:03PM
marie26

When I had surgery on my big toe, my doctor had me take this. He swore by this medicine.

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 11:02PM
pawprint1

ItÂs for a degenerative disk, L4 to be exact. I hope it helps as it always hurts.

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 6:45AM
abreeze

A friend says she was told to take vitamin C with it. Anyone else hear that?

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 2:04PM
pawprint1

I take vitamin C anyway so I'm okay.

Bookmark   June 8, 2005 at 6:39PM
Meghane

Been on it for the last 3 years and my knees don't hurt even with exercise. Also give it to my dogs, one of whom has severe rear limb deformities and it's helped her a lot.
Get the glucosamine HCL 500mg and chondroitin sulfate 400mg- that's the best chemical composition and ratio of drugs. I get it at Costco 250 tablets for $20 (Kirkland brand).

Bookmark   June 9, 2005 at 10:39PM
jenn

We had dinner with friends tonight who told us that after they started taking it, their aches and pains were MUCH better. Hubby suggested it to them several months ago. The wife said she felt much better over all (fewer aches and pains). It didn't help Hubby's shoulders much so I guess his problem is different than theirs.

Bookmark   June 12, 2005 at 12:17AM
pawprint1

I wish it didn't take so long to work. I'm ready now!

Bookmark   June 12, 2005 at 1:56PM
PeaBee4

Please keep in mind that it isn't a pain killer like Tylenol or Advil. It works by helping the body rebuild damaged cartiledge in the joints. This takes a few weeks for you to tell the difference. Be patient! If it is going to work for you, it will. It just takes time for the body to do it's thing.

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 10:01AM
pawprint1

Shoot, I forgot my dosage last night! I'm so mad at myself!

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 6:34PM
cheerful1_gw

Would it help the lower back?

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 10:32AM
gandbb

I just started taking it, but against the advice of my neighbor who took it and had an allergic reaction that has left her hands in a painful, cramped, constriction. I haven't a clue if this is at all common. I assume not and decided to take the risk, but I guess as with all things, nothing is good for everybody.

Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 10:23AM
pawprint1

It's starting to work! My lower back is feeling a little better each day!

Bookmark   June 21, 2005 at 9:59AM
chinacat_sunflower

:) I tore that disc 4 years ago in a car accident...

the anti-inflammatories were important for pain control...but I think it was the calcium/maganese and glucosamine'/chondriton combination that actually did the healing...along with being pretty dedicated with the pilates to give more support to my back.

the unexpected side effect was that my ankles don't hurt so much- and 'crunchy' describes them pretty well. which has made biking (that and swimming are the only aerobic exercises that don't do more harm than good in my life) all that much more fun :)

my mom has degenerative disc issues, and I just nagged her into giving it a try- I'll keep you posted :)

Bookmark   June 21, 2005 at 1:17PM
chicagoerin

I am proof positive that it works. I am 34 and in good health but have achy knees and one finger that must be getting arthritis because it aches all the time. I started taking it and felt great. I fogot to bring it on my week long vacation and didn't think anything of it. Approx 7 days into my vacation I felt SO ACHY. My knees were killing me. I thought I might be coming down with the flu or something and then I remembered I hadn't taken it for a while. Started back on it and the pain left. My dog is on it for arthritis and if I forget to give him his he limps! It's very easy to pay good money for glucosamine pills that have little or no glucosamine in them, so buy only the best brands. I know the best for both humans and dogs through lots of research..EM me if you are interested.
Erin

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 4:50PM
More Discussions
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
HEARING AIDS SUGGESTIONS/EXPERIENCES
Need at least one hearing aid. Dr recommends type...
Robert Givens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™