How to use Feed Demon

bug_girlOctober 11, 2005

I downloaded a free software called feed demon, but it makes no sense at all to me. I think it is a way for people to find your website better using search engines. Can anyone provide instructions? Note: I have to pay for it later, it is a free trial, but since I can't use it all, I don't see any benefit in paying for it.

I also tried to install the google site map and that also failed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Can you give a link to where you bought it?

The one I know of with a name like that is a "RSS Feed" controller ... it sucks news off of sites onto yours.

Bookmark   October 12, 2005 at 9:12AM
bug_girl

I found it for free from this group on Yahoo Groups, Video Blogging. After I joined the group, I was advised to make a feed. In order to figure this out, I looked in the posts about Feed. It was the third post. From there are many links to all kind of things that make feeds. I canÂt find the one I used to download the free software, but it is the first one of the list, and it says free on it, so you canÂt miss it. I did not book mark that page, however, and I am having trouble finding it again. Maybe this wonÂt work for me, because I am not really doing current events in my Video Blog? I donÂt want to suck up news stories into my site. Maybe this is more for people who are Blogging about the current news hot topics? My Video Blog is just comedy and entertainment. You have to join the Yahoo Group to be able to see this list, but it is well worth it, if you have a Video Blog. It helps other people find your Blog, and you can be listed on a map of other Video Bloggers. I am still just learning about the whole Feed thing, so I really donÂt know. I hope someone can explain it further. Yahoo Groups is free, BTW.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video Blogging Yahoo groups

Bookmark   October 12, 2005 at 11:21AM
lazy_gardens

"You have to join the Yahoo Group to be able to see this list, but it is well worth it, if you have a Video Blog. "

Let's get this straight: you expect me to join a Yahoo group and scavenge their forum to find out what link you are talking about?

Ain't gonna happen. Either you get me a link to the software or you don't. Or ask this oh-so-great group for help.

Bookmark   October 15, 2005 at 10:36PM
bug_girl

I deleted the software all ready, since I could not use it at all. I am not saying it was a great deal, it is only a trail version. Searching for feed demon itself yields nothing. I am not asking you, personally, for help. I am posting a general message, in case someone knows how to use it.

Bookmark   October 15, 2005 at 10:44PM
richardol

What, specifically, are you trying to do? Maybe we can suggest a method.

Bookmark   December 26, 2005 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
HTML link test
Does HTML work?
patchyjack
Theming using an external CSS stylesheet.
This thread is styled externally using CSS (Cascading...
Richard (chuggerguy)
Cloud Computing
What is the Advantages of Cloud Computing ?
Tinaustin
help posting links to gardenweb
Hi all, Am feeling a bit dense here. May I ask for...
radley
E-commerce options?
My niece asked for my help in creating a web site for...
jenn
Sponsored Products
Moooi | Horse Floor Lamp
YLighting
Gerber Daisy Food Dome
$8.99 | zulily
Croquet Bar Height Outdoor Bar Stool with Cushion (30"H seat), Patio Furniture
$936.00 | FRONTGATE
Lazzeri Rug 8' x 10' - CAMEL
$599.00 | Horchow
Kona Bronze Four-Light Bath Fixture with Blue Starpoint Glass
$445.50 | Bellacor