Stabbing breast pain

wine50June 6, 2007

About every other day I get this stabbing pain in my left breast only. It lasts just a few minutes but, is very painful while it is happening. My left breast has had a sore spot for about a year. Yes, I've had annual mammograms and have asked my Dr. but he doesn't seem to be concerned. It seems to be getting more frequent. I am over 50 and have had a hysterectomy so I don't have my cycle anymore. Anyone else experience this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

Your doctor doesn't seem to be concerned???? I think that to ease your mind, you should get a second opinion. If another doctor also tells you not to worry, then find out what is causing the pain. You are, at least, due a sensible explanation.

Bookmark   June 6, 2007 at 6:46PM
catherinet

I get stabbing pains in my left breast area too. I think it could be stomach-related or musculo-skeletal. But to put your mind at ease, I'd get a second opinion too.

Bookmark   June 8, 2007 at 9:09AM
tracie_oregon

Second opinion for sure. Sometimes mammograms don't pick up everything - not to scare you but just a general comment that for peace of mind, certainly get that second opinion. There are no other breast symptoms? - discoloration, skin changes, any prominent veins that were not there before, or discharge?

Bookmark   June 8, 2007 at 9:52PM
More Discussions
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Taking yourself off Paxil without side effects...???
One of my dear friends, J, had been taking Paxil for...
sooz
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™