Suicide-My Brother

debrarowell54October 12, 2011

Nov 24 will be three years since we lost our older brother at fifty seven. A day does not go by that I don't think about that day and the months just before. I hurt for my parents because they were the first to arrive. Dad covered him so Mom could not see him. Everyone said time would make things easier,but I haven't felt it yet. My husband likes to hunt and doesn't understand why I don't want to have a part of it. I just don't want to be around guns.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hilltop_gw

You have my sympathy on the loss of your brother. My grandfather committed suicide and my dad found him (dad was late teens at the time) Growing up we never heard granddads name mentioned because it so profoundly affected dad. Until someone is personally affected they don't realize the depth of the pain. Your dislike for guns is understandable.

Just this past week a good friend called to say her brother committed suicide. So much sorrow and so many unanswered questions. A brief misguided decision ultimately took a life and affected others forever. You can't change what's happened. Remember the good times. Each day it's one foot forward.

Bookmark   October 16, 2011 at 9:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanjf_gw

i know your dh doesn't understand and thinks one has nothing to do with the other...but that is the rational person talking not the one with the grief...

what i'm suggesting is telling dh that you really don't mind him hunting and please go and enjoy..in fact, if you have a cabin or travel to reach the hunting sites, i'd say i'll be glad to travel with you but please let me enjoy time elsewhere while you're out...take the time to read, reflect...

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 9:15PM
More Discussions
Is it normal/healthy to cry over my dad dying still?
My dad died when I was 13 and now I'm 17 but I have...
someanonymousone
Not Much Grieving - Should I Be Concerned?
Hi - Thanks for taking the time to read this. My father...
suzieque
Seeing a Loved One After They Passed Away
I have heard a few stories of people who have actually...
lulie___wayne
When the greiving begins before death
My mother and I kept my grandmother at home, she went...
cherig22
Memorial Scholarship
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience setting...
xminion
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™