apple cider vinegar anyone?

vieja_gwJune 5, 2013

A friend gave me a bottle of 'Bragg' organic raw-unfiltered apple cider vinegar (unpasteurized/not refrigerated) to take for the osteoarthritis in my hands. I take a tablespoon with each meal & after a month I can't seem to notice any difference & was wondering if anyone else has tried this with success? Xrays show in my fingers that the bones are rubbing on each other with no padding left between ... SO painful! Dr. suggested fusing the bones but then I couldn't bend my fingers I'd think ... & it is my right hand & I am right-handed!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I have tried a few home remedies, none worked. My 3 sisters are health nuts, always looking for natural things. My Mom had trouble with swelling in her legs and ankles, which leads to congestive heart failure. My sisters were telling her to drink a quart of water an hour when she worked in the heat. They also told her to put vinegar in her drinking water. When I question the doctor about those issues he was a little unhappy to say the least. He told her, "I am giving you lasics (sp) to get rid of the water and you are replacing it. The vinegar makes you retain fluids. Drink only when you are thirsty." Of course she told me I was a tattle tale. LOL When she stopped doing those things and her legs went back to normal and she lived to 97 years of age.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 9:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookie8

For me, I did an elimination diet and take supplements. I got off of my medications granted my arthritis isn't osteo though. Gluten, dairy, soy, oranges and nightshades are no for me and this keeps all my inflammation at bay when I keep away from them. Two years medication free and no markers of inflammation in my bloodwork. It worked for me granted it wasn't fun to figure out all my triggers. Also, my fingers knuckles aren't as huge and my fingers even straightened out a bit.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 9:34PM
More Discussions
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Any help for balance problems?
I hope someone can relate. I have terrible balance...
phoggie
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™