Tiny little bumps on palm of hand, spreading !!!!!!

soozJune 29, 2004

One of my friends, a staunch Christian Scientist, has had a problem for a number of months. He refuses to go to a doctor or a dermatologist, but whatever he is doing or praying for or reading about isn't helping at all.

He has these tiny small-sesame-seed-sized bumps on the palm of his hand--the "mounds" part of his palm near where the joint of the fingers join the palm. The bumps are not round, but a bit oval. These are spreading upwards to the undersides of the first joint of his fingers. They are in clusters and some have a tiny red (?) dot in the center, and look like they might be filled with fluid. They itch. They are hard versus soft.

I'm stumped and have suggested (just because I don't know what else to do) a poultice of mashed raw garlic applied to the area 2 to 3 times a day, or a topical application of vinegar to the affected area. His sister thought it might be a virus, and she suggested putting athlete's foot cream on it.

He used to work in the scenic industry a number of years ago, and has been exposed to chemicals, vapors, and solvents etc, so I'm not sure if this is somehow related to that or not. Still, it's puzzling to me and uncomfortable to him and it's *spreading* slowly onto his fingers (and yet he refuses to seek medical help the way I would, due to his belief system, which I respect, but after a certain time, I'd be seeking some help from western medicine! [grumble!])

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Short of bopping him on the head and dragging him to the doc, I'm open for ideas!

Smiles,

Sooz

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Look up "scabies" ... it's a parasite that infests hands.

And DO NOT shake hands with him.

Bookmark   June 30, 2004 at 12:11AM
More Discussions
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping
Hi Everyone, I've done some research, and have found...
SconsinKid
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
Sponsored Products
nuLOOM Hand-tufted Spectrum Houndstooth Wool Rug (5' x 8')
Overstock.com
Area Rug: Giant Fern Espresso 8' x 10' 6"
Home Depot
Remer by Nameeks Q78US Single Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet - REMER Q78US
$960.98 | Hayneedle
Fireman & Dalmatian Salt & Pepper Shakers
$10.99 | zulily
9'x12' Serapi Heriz Hand Knotted Rust Red Oriental Rug 100 Percent Wool Sh20274
1800 Get A Rug
Barolo Spanish Gold 32-Inch Three Light Small Foyer Pendant
$649.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for: