Fully Favorable Social Security Hearing

leoladyJune 14, 2006

I had my hearing on April 3, and by April 18 got a letter saying the decision was fully favorable.

Why haven't I got any money yet? I can't figure it out. Is there a place online I can ask?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

I think it's because government checks, disability or social security, are always issued on the first of the month. It may take 60 days or more to get everything squared away. May would have been too soon. Were you having it directly deposited to your checking account? If so, you might want to check with your bank.

Who was the letter from? That would be the clue as who to contact. I would think that the Social Security Agency where you had the hearing would be the best place to start.

If this is the usual SSA retirment payment, then you might have a wait of 90 days. I know that those retiring at age 65 are warned to apply 90 days before their birthday.

Bookmark   June 15, 2006 at 9:30AM
newmobileowner

When I started getting my diability checks,my first check came in the mail and the letter telling my about the check came about 2 weeks later. After you get your check in the mail you need to set up your direct deposit with them. The checks get deposited at different times of the month depending on the first letter in your last name. Mine is T so my check gets deposited on the third wednesday of every month. Weird,huh. Your first check should be a large one with back pay in it. Mine was 2 months worth.

Bookmark   June 16, 2006 at 9:04AM
jannie

Leolady, what happened ? Did you ever get your money?

Bookmark   June 23, 2006 at 3:50AM
More Discussions
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™