missing my daughter-in-law

perk2September 12, 2006

It has been a little over 2 months since my dnl passed away. Well she really wasn't a dnl but felt like she was even though her and my son never married. She passed away on July 7 at the age of 28 from brain cancer. She fought it for 3 years but God needed her more than us. She used to call me 2-3 times a day for nothing more than to talk about nothing really. Sometimes it would really bother me as I would be busy but I never let on. I'm so glad now that I was there for her. When ever I leave the house and I come home if there is a message on the answering machine I sometimes say to myself "Wonder what she wants now?" Then I feel so quilty for saying that especially since she is gone and of course it isn't her. Will it ever get easier? Right now I am crying my eyes out again. They say it gets easier in time but I don't see it yet.

Thanks for listening. May God Bless.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

You miss her so much! Don't worry about some of the negative thoughts you had. The important thing is that she needed you, and you were there for her. You can feel good about that.

I'm so sorry for the heartache you are experiencing. Take care.

Susan

Bookmark   September 13, 2006 at 6:19PM
lulie___wayne

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a couple of very close female friends who were involved with my son or were good friends with my daughter when she was living. I am very close to them, also. I consider them family and would be very upset if something happened to them. I can understand your pain as well as your guilt.
Like Susan said, don't beat yourself up for the negative thoughts. We are all human. It sounds like you were a great friend to her. You obviously didn't let on that at times you didn't feel like talking. She continued to call you and talk, so she must have cared for you very much also.
Lu

Bookmark   September 14, 2006 at 2:40AM
perk2

Thank you both for your kind words. I keep hoping things will get easier. Some days are OK and then some I can hardly do anything but cry. She was so young and such a good mother to her 2 children (ages 9 and 5). They seem to be doing OK. I just wish the rest of us were. Thanks again for listening I really appreciate it. I will try not to feel too guilty but it isn't easy. Thanks again.

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 11:25PM
dirt_yfingernails

28 is so very young and cancer is such an ugly taker of life. Four years ago we lost my 29 year old niece to a rare cancer. She left a devastated husband and 2 little boys. It is so hard to lose someone you love at such a young age.

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
Sudden Witnessed Death of Spouse
I am new to this forum. I found this site after Google...
jcsgirl2012
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
Dad just passed away
My dad had a heart attack on Thursday January 22, 2015....
kissfan1
Feeling guilty because I miss my dog-Part 2
Three years ago today, I lost my beloved dog Homer....
kms4me
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™