Another question about a Neti pot ..

toomuchglassMay 26, 2010

Hi Everyone ...... it's nice to meet you . I'm usually all over the cratfy site of the garden web - but suddenly ,I needed help with a NOSE question ! So many people told me a Neti pot was great for sinuses ... I bought one - used it with the saline solution 2 days ago ... it worked great !

I did it again tonight ... even though I could breathe well -- it wouldn't drain through my other nostril ! I held it in there - nothing moved. I blew through my one nostrill and it made bubbles like the "entrance " was closed . Both sides. It wasn't going down my throat . Do you know why ? I have a sinus problem that I think I can fix before I see a doc. Thank you for your replies !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Sounds like you might have a cyst in the side of the one that the saline won't go into. Or maybe you're just swollen from inflammation from allergies?
Some of us have very small openings from our maxillary sinuses to our nose. Sometimes it doesn't take much swelling for it to close up. You could try taking something like Sudafed and then try it again.
I had surgery to enlarge those holes and life has been much better since!
One thing that I think people misunderstand is that the saline isn't supposed to go into the sinuses. Its supposed to just wash away antigens that are in the nose, so they don't get pushed up into the sinuses.

Bookmark   June 2, 2010 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
L-dopa Rx replacement for RLS anyone?
Anyone have RLS (restless leg syndrome)? I have been...
vieja_gw
Tennis Elbow
Was just dx with a tennis elbow...Besides taking the...
anicee
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
Sponsored Products
Campania International Small Berkeley Cast Stone Planter - P-520-AL
$144.99 | Hayneedle
Del Monte Foods - Pet Food 18 oz. Meow Mix Original Choice Dry Cat Food Multicol
$22.99 | Hayneedle
Dome-S-I Grande Pendant by LBL Lighting
$444.00 | Lumens
Brella Satin Nickel LED Mini Pendant with Flat Canopy and Bicolor Green and Yell
$319.50 | Bellacor
Mahogany Bronze Whitehaus WHKPFLV3-9550 Antique Retractable Kitchen Faucet
$559.00 | Blue Bath
Flute Flamed Copper One-Light Wall Sconce
$99.00 | Bellacor
Venice 27-inch Lighted Zen Fountain
Overstock.com
Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel 4-quart Covered Chef Casserole Pot
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™