period issues??? confused???

helpwiththisMay 1, 2008

I have always had a regular cycle. Get my period about every 28 days. It lasts 4-5 days and is a moderate flow.

The last 2 months my period has come on time, but been so light it is almost like spotting.

I have had one child, 9 years ago. When I was pregnant with her I had no spotting or period. I thought maybe I am pregnant again but the test was negative. I have a dr. appt scheduled for next week because I am worried.

Has anyone had an issue like this with their period?? Or any ideas what could be causing my period to change like this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla35

Change in diet, exercise, stress level, travel, or medicines could make your period lighter.

I'd have your doctor check you out just in case, but I wouldn't waste anytime worrying about it.

Bookmark   May 1, 2008 at 11:29PM
agnespuffin

Carla is right. See your doctor and don't worry.

Most women have times where they become irregular now and then. You have just been one of the lucky ones that haven't. You don't say how old you are, but sometimes as we get older, the regularity and amount changes a little.

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 9:52AM
helpwiththis

Well I woke up this morning with horrible stomach pains. My "real" period finally arrived. I am still going to follow up with my dr. just for piece of mind. Oh ya, and I am 30 agnespuffin.

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 1:44PM
khandi

I've always had an irregular cycle. I once didn't have my periods for 5 months. A woman I grew up with didn't have hers for a whole year!

When I had an operation, the doc did a D&C. After that, I had my periods every 28th day. First time in my life that I was regular at age 28. A year later, I got pregnant!

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 11:31PM
squirrelheaven

Ibuproben and naproxen (another anti-inflammatory) are prostaglandin inhibitors and can interfere with flow. As can alcohol. Some antidepressants can also have an effect on your period, even making them stop and throwing one into a menopausal state. So maybe you are taking in some medication that is new?

Eating fish is great for your period and for relieving cramps too. I knew someone who said she would go out for a fish dinner to bring on labor : ) Using a Cod liver oil supplement works wonders for cramps (I use to do the liquid form, washing it down with milk or OJ; thought it worked better than the capsules.)

Bookmark   May 14, 2008 at 8:09AM
More Discussions
I have RLS (Restless Leg syndrome) .... anyone else taking this drug ?
Anyone suffering with Restless Leg syndrome? I have...
vieja_gw
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Sponsored Products
Design Toscano The Holy Family Sculpture - Large - KY53041
$106.90 | Hayneedle
Design Toscano Resting Grace Sitting Angel Statue - Medium - NG34725
$50.90 | Hayneedle
Colonial Mills Chestnut Knoll Braided Rug - Amber Red Multicolor - CK77R024X036
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Polar Suspension by Varaluz
$699.00 | Lumens
Colonial Mills Georgetown Indoor/Outdoor Braided Area Rug - Fudge Brown - GT40R0
$22.98 | Hayneedle
Av Mazzega | Venetian Melissa 12 Arm Chandelier
YLighting
Design Toscano Hardwick Dragon Wall Pediment - CL2544
$62.90 | Hayneedle
Design Toscano The American Buffalo Statue - EU534482
$208.17 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™