home movies

cyn_der_ellaSeptember 10, 2005

My husband was going through some home movies and to my surprise we have a Christmas video with my brother in it. I didn't think he was in any because he was usually behind the camera.

I lost it and started crying. I can't watch it yet. I really want to, but I know I'll break down. I'm just so happy (beyond words), I'll be able to hear his voice and laughter again. It's a wonderful treasure to have.

Keep Well,

Cynthia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

How wonderful. You will know when you are able to watch. Don't force yourself.

Bookmark   September 10, 2005 at 8:37PM
Brycesmommy

It's been over a year & I haven't yet been able to watch Bryce's home movies. I tried once but had to turn it off right away. Just take your time and you'll watch them when you're ready.

Bookmark   September 10, 2005 at 9:11PM
candy21

On etime my Dad was sick in the hospital and I got my girls to send him a voice recorded message to say hi to him. He also sent one back to them and I came across this the other day and I sat down and listened to it and it was such a comfort to hear my Dad's voice, but all the while I was balling my eyes out. I now go back and listen to it a few times and each time it makes me feel warm but still sad. I will cherish this tape forever. You will watch it in your own time, me I feel a certain closeness when i play my Dad's voice on tape. I only wish I had him on video you are very lucky.

Bookmark   September 10, 2005 at 10:40PM
des_arc_ya_ya

My dear MIL's Sunday School teacher gave us a video that had about seven years' worth of Christmas parties on it. My DH couldn't watch it for the first two or three years after she died, but I did. I sat in the floor and watched her and laughed and cried. It was like a great visit with her all over again. I told him later that all those times we told her to "behave!" must not have sunk in, because she was the life of the Sunday School party! LOL

Bookmark   September 12, 2005 at 2:56AM
lulie___wayne

I'm so happy for you that you got that awesome surprise!
I love to watch videos of Christin and my mom. I know a lot of people who can't watch their loved ones who have passed away on video. To me, it makes me kinda feel like they are still here.
We have many family videos and pictures. I really want to make copies of at least some of them so that we can put them in a separate location in case we ever have a fire or other damage to our home.
Lu

Bookmark   September 12, 2005 at 1:00PM
More Discussions
how to help a grieving mom
tomorrow I am going to visit my beautful cousin who...
homebodymom
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
i have never felt so alone lost and frightened
i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due...
BewilderedShock
hard to let go
I lost my husband of 37 years in just 3 weeks of finding...
greendalelady
sudden death of husband at 46 years of age
Hi...I stumbled upon this forum and felt compelled...
still_in_shock
Sponsored Products
Drifted Slope Chair in Pink
| Dot & Bo
Secure Blue Bold Stripe Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Grayton Area Rug
FRONTGATE
Bali Tropical Bronze 3-light Pendant
Overstock.com
King Crushed Silk Dust Skirt
$850.00 | Horchow