Black laminate floor

choletteAugust 28, 2012

I have been looking at laminate floor for my new house. I was looking through some close outs and found some charcoal/black laminate floor at a great price.It is starting to grow on me. Any one have black floors? What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

You'd have to be a complete masochist to live with black floors. They would never ever look clean and you'd either be continually dust mopping, or give up and let them look always dirty.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 8:05PM
luckymom

Run, run fast AWAY from black flooring of any kind. It's beautiful for about 5 minutes after you hand clean it (hands and knees- water marks & dust spots show). You will grow to hate it so fast...

We had black amtico tiles laid in kitchen of our house (hubby picked it out). That tile, at the time, was more expensive than the whole rest of the house combined (berber carets, decent sheet vinyl- don't judge, it was over 20 years ago). The black needed to be waxed weekly to look it's best. I'd spend one entire weekend every single month stripping OFF that same wax. Ended up putting cheap parquet tile over it.

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 6:15AM
stellawinslet

Black Laminate flooring is stain- and fade-resistant and has a tendency to repel water. It's an extremely hard and durable surface, but it is possible to scratch it. It's not possible to repair the actual scratches when they occur, so be sure to buy extra material with your initial purchase and hold onto it in case you'll need it later.

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 7:15AM
pghgolfgirl

I have to disagree. I had DuPont Real Touch laminate planks that mimic black slate tile installed in my kitchen this summer and I love it. I replaced ceramic tile which to me never looked clean no matter how often I mopped. I am very happy with mine.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
Float or glue engineered wood over very smooth concrete slab
Hello, I am a recent first time homeowner who has been...
hueydj
Bamboo Floor Disaster
Hi, I got new bamboo floors when I renovated my NYC...
katefriedmann
No hardwood warranty from HOM Furniture store - midwest
So after falling in love with Birch engineered floor...
Maryna
What to use on edging and stairs when stripping of old hardwood floor
We are in the process of stripping and refinishing...
candeelyn
3/8 vs 1/2 inch thick engineered hardwood for staple down installation
We are trying to decide between two similar engineered...
chellefnp
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™