Good News in Our Family

lulie___wayneSeptember 29, 2006

I knew that you all would be happy for us and I just wanted y'all to know that we do have some good news in our family this week.

First of all, we had our first granddaughter born on September 22. She is so pretty and is named after Christin, our deceased daughter. She looks a lot like our children looked when they were born and she is sooooo good!

Also, my husband retired this week giving us more time now, to enjoy the children and to travel more.

Lu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jlj48

Good for you Lu! I am so happy for you! And how special it is to have your granddaughter named after Christin. Aren't babies wonderful? Enjoy your time with your hubby.
Joanie

Bookmark   September 29, 2006 at 9:14PM
dian57

Oh, Lulie, that's wonderful news. Congratulations on both your new granddaughter and the prospect of more quality time with your husband.
Dianne

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 8:01AM
alisande

Congratulations to all of you!! Please post a picture of little Christin when you get a chance. Nothing like a baby to lift the spirit.

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 10:21AM
mamanook

Hi Lu, my name is Sharon & I'm new here. Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter!

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 12:17PM
Janis_G

Lulie I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear this good news.
How special to have a granddaughter and now especially since your husband has retired.
I am so happy for you.

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 7:24PM
sudiepav

What good news! Babies do have a way of healing things...and to be named for your precious daughter. Just enjoy that baby as much as you can! Our second granddaughter was born just 2 weeks before our son and first granddaughter died. I have a sweet hand-lettered card that Millie made for the baby. My DIL let me have it, and I'm so grateful. I am sure we couldn't have begun healing as we did had we not had that new baby to love. Both DILs are expecting this spring, and I hope at least one will have a girl and maybe choose Millicent, at least for a middle name.

Bookmark   October 3, 2006 at 11:28AM
socks

Lulie, I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your good news, and I wish your husband a wonderful retirement.

Bookmark   October 3, 2006 at 8:57PM
loagiehoagie

Oh, that is so wonderful! Happy news here is rare. It sure brightened my day. Bless you and little Christin!

Duane

Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 6:13PM
evatx

Lulie, I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner to congratulate the proud grandparents on the arrival of little Christin. I'm very happy for you. :)

Bookmark   October 24, 2006 at 12:26AM
wintersquash

Lu,

I've been visiting this site for almost a year so it seems to me like I know you. I've never written before I've just read. Your postings have helped me. Wanted to let you know how happy I am for you and your husband with the changes in your lives and your new little bundle of joy!

Bookmark   October 26, 2006 at 5:20AM
More Discussions
New member - gripping
Hello all - I am so glad I found this group! I'm sure...
VWbrownthumb
Losing Someone to Suicide
I once had a roommate, call her Yvonne, who was bi-polar; when...
sylviatexas1
Loss of first born Adult Son
I have just found this site I lost my first born adult...
jamesdasmum
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
Is it normal/healthy to cry over my dad dying still?
My dad died when I was 13 and now I'm 17 but I have...
someanonymousone
Sponsored Products
Jasper Chandelier
Lightology
Taraxacum 88 Suspension by Flos Lighting
$5,975.00 | Lumens
Red Cedar Royal Highback Patio Chair
Fifthroom.com
Steam Spa Oasis Package for Steam Spa 4.5kW Steam Generators in Oil Rubbed Bronz
Beyond Stores
Moto Bronze Two-Light Incandescent Square Outdoor Wall Sconce with White Acrylic
$495.00 | Bellacor
Braided Accent Rug: Jefferson Red Streak 2' x 4'
$59.97 | Home Depot
Monaco Blue Ovo Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Belize Set of Two Swivel Chair Cushions in Bridge Off-White, Patio Furniture
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™