Need help creating a photo calendar in front page

casey_nfldMay 18, 2003

OK, I'll try to make this as quickly as possible. I want a calendar on my webpage where I can insert a picture in several blocks.....see what I have done so far:

My calendar

I want the numbers at the top, the photo in the center and the text at the bottom of each daily block. As it is now, it doesn't work. I tried putting a table inside each cell and making the edges invisible, but for some reason not every cell would accept this new table.

Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a downloadable calendar template I can use so I don't have to make a new one for every month or even go through the hassle of trying to add a table inside every daily block?

Thanks for any help!! This is frustrating.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

http://www.ftls.org/en/examples/cgi/

has a simple calendar script.

Bookmark   May 19, 2003 at 8:18PM
casey_nfld

Thanks, but I wanted a calendar that I could put pictures into, like my example.

Bookmark   May 19, 2003 at 9:22PM
lazy_gardens

Casey -
You can modify the script to put other stuff in the cells.

However, as yours seems to be a photo-journal as much as a calendar, daily tweaking and republishing is probably the only way to make it happen.

Bookmark   May 20, 2003 at 9:15AM
maryanntx

Casey, I have a calendar that I have used on 2 of my webpages and you can insert pictures in it without making a table inside the cell. Put your curser under the date in the cell and then insert as you normally would. That way the date will stay in the top corner. Then type your text under the graphic. The cells expand to the size you need, while the cells that have no information other than the date will stay small. The calendar also has an html code so that the current month will be on the screen when opened. If you only want one month per page you can delete the other rows.

You may save the calendar off my webpage if you want, or I can send you a clean template when I get home from work this afternoon.

Play around with it and see what you think. My event calendar

Bookmark   May 20, 2003 at 2:57PM
maryanntx

I took a screen shot of May using your images and text in my calendar. I like the way it turned out. I will send you the html file for the May one that I did if you want it.
picture of calendar
I added a black border to several of the images and couldn't decide if I liked it better with or without the border.

Bookmark   May 20, 2003 at 3:24PM
casey_nfld

Well, I found a small program (HTML Calendar Maker Pro) to help me do what I wanted. I can even import my web page's colours to make it fit into my scheme. Here is the result:

Here is a link that might be useful: Calendar

Bookmark   June 6, 2003 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
Marble Countertop Help!!
Hi, I have recently decided to purchase a spec home...
monikaxp
The Academic Advantage - Wasantha Weerasekera wants a domain like
Hello, I am Wasantha Weerasekera. I have a query regarding...
wasanthaweerasekera
artwork for new bathroom
I recently remodeled my bathroom and am looking for...
xamxam
pre tag vs. white-space:pre style
this is in a pre tag this is in a white-space:pre div They...
Richard (chuggerguy)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™