Front Page 98 problems!

SusalaMay 7, 2002

Hi!

I have installed FP98 and am trying to create a new web page but keep getting 'Unable to connect to a server at.......in port 80'.

This is frustrating me to NO END! I'm using the default name for the Internet Explorer but still get the same message.

If anyone can help me out here, I'd greatly appreciate it!!!

Susala

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Joanne_57

I've noticed that this forum does'nt seem to get much traffic anymore, so I thought I'd try to help you Susala.
I don't use Front Page, I use Adobe, PageMill.
Just a shot in the dark, change the port setting, to lets say... 21 (this is the port # I used) could'nt hurt to try.
Also what do you mean by:- using the default name for the Internet Explorer ? please post back later.
Joanne

Bookmark   May 8, 2002 at 2:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JamesS

This is happening when you are trying to connect to the web server, Correct? If so then check your settings that you put in to access the server. Maybe they use a different port to transfer with. When i was using FP 98 i made a shortcut to the editor and bypassed the rest of the program. Since i use a FTP program(Leap FTP)i did not need the rest of FP. FP 2000 is much more integratedand does not have the problems that FP 98 does .

JamesS

Bookmark   May 13, 2002 at 6:47AM
More Discussions
Inserting a picture into a website (with css?)
Yesterday I googled how to insert a picture into a...
norman2012
Can I disable source view or hide my html source
Any one knows how to disable source view or how to...
Rohit
E-commerce options?
My niece asked for my help in creating a web site for...
jenn
GardenWeb needs your feedback!
Hi everyone, As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing...
gwannouncements
help posting links to gardenweb
Hi all, Am feeling a bit dense here. May I ask for...
radley
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™