Allergies from house plants?

aaaaaa_gardnerMay 2, 2008

Hi,

I have quite a few plants kept indoor because of frost advisory for my county. Some are veggies (newly planted and seedlings) and some are just house plants (that has been indoor all through the winter). My question is----do these plants cause allergies, because I see that I have allergy symptoms. To be clearer, these house plants do not cause any allergies during winter. And in early spring and early fall I do get allergies when exposed to outside. Any advice?

Thanks

aaaaaa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

I suspect that the plants that you brought in had a lot of tree pollen that had fallen on them. Maybe, maybe not???

Another thought is that sometimes allergies develop unexpectedly. With house plants, it's usually the mold that grows in the dirt, not the plant itself. I can't have house plants because it's almost impossible to keep the soil free from the mold spores and I am very allergic to it now. I didn't used to be. It just started and gradually got worse.

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 3:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
khandi

Sounds like you might be allergic to pollen and/or ragweed. My daughter gets allergy symptoms in the spring until all the leaves are on the trees.

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 7:50AM
More Discussions
L-dopa Rx replacement for RLS anyone?
Anyone have RLS (restless leg syndrome)? I have been...
vieja_gw
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping
Hi Everyone, I've done some research, and have found...
SconsinKid
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
wowibrug
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™