Submit express

haydukeiiApril 5, 2007

Has anyone ever used Submit Express to submit their website to search engines?

It says it's free but I'm a bit leary about using it because I'm afraid I'll get spammed or pop uped to death. I don't want to pollute my site with spam...

Thanks

hayduke

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quirkyquercus

Well hayduke, the most important lesson that I learned in school was that there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. (t.a.n.s.t.a.a.f.l.) It could just be they're trying to promote their paid services they offer but for some reason I highly doubt it. I believe there's only one or two search engines you need be concerned about, yahoo and google and if it still works the same way, you submit your site to yahoo and about 6-8 months later google finds it. In the time I spent writing this, you could have manually submit your site to all those no-name search engines on your own.

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 9:53AM
rivkadr

Get yourself listed on yahoo, and dmoz.org. dmoz.org is actually a directory (not a search engine), that is used as the basis for a lot of search engines, so if you get listed there, you'll get picked up by about 50 smaller search engines. Then once you get picked up by google (which often does take several months, and there is no way to force it, despite what the free sites say), you'll be set.

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 12:11PM
trudi_d

I've used submit express and I don't get spammed by them. I also use pay services for submission and I also don't get spam from them. Paid submission gets your info submitted a lot faster (hours or days instead of months).

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 8:58AM
beachlover2

I have used submit express and it works.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
How to post documents from googledoc into Post?
How do I attach a excel, and word documents to a post...
ladyrose65
Html Tag
What is the difference between strong and b tag? This...
puneetchauhan
bbcode2html
A post elsewhere got me playing around with the stream...
Richard (chuggerguy)
How to embed animated Gifs onto GW?
I tried posting the way chuggeryguy which worked for...
ladyrose65
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™