Anyone used Coretec?

joygreenwaldJuly 9, 2014

I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any threads talking about Coretec--tons of other LVP info but nothing about Coretec. We are looking for something interlocking in a blue/ gray plank. The aren't many, or almost any, other options. These look promising, but I'd love some real unbiased information. One of the only other options I can find its a Karndean plank, but it's glue down.

Anyone? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaseyray

I have looked a lot, too, and I have pretty well decided that Coretec is what I'm putting in. I'm in the process of picking which plank. There isn't anything like it on the market (and I've looked!). I've been to 3 different flooring stores which carry it, and they all have told me that it's flying off the shelves. One store owner told me yesterday that his installers love the product and it's very well made. I am having a terrible time finding samples--the factory samples are tiny, and the suppliers haven't given the stores in my area samples of the Coretec Plus XL (the 9" wide planks). So that's my problem. But I'm going to be patient because the cork layer makes it thicker and a bit softer than the Karndean would be. Perhaps we haven't read much about Coretec because people are pretty happy with it and aren't complaining (we can hope!). Anyone else have experience with it?

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 4:51PM
joygreenwald

I have a call in to find out who carries it near me. I have requested samples, but small samples won't be of much help. Hopefully someone near me has it. Where are you? I'm in Framingham, MA.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 5:11PM
joygreenwald

I was able to see some really nice sized samples locally and bring them home. I was impressed. So I just took the plunge. It should arrive in a week or so, though it won't be going in for at least a month. I'll report back both short and longer term.

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 5:23PM
kaseyray

Well, I located a non-flooring store that had Coretec installed. I was not happy to see that there are maybe a dozen gaps throughout the store (gaps on the short sides of the planks). Also, the planks are cupping in a large section of the store. That was highly disappointing to say the least. The store owner told me that the installers had been back to fix it, but that they need to come back again. I happen to know which store installed it, so I called them to ask for their response, and they said that it was their first Coretec install, and that the manufacturer rep and salespeople have oversold the product as not requiring expansion gaps for install. They now believe what they say they should have known in the first place, that expansion gaps are definitely required. Also, that they went out to fix the situation, and didn't know there were more problems but they certainly intend to address them. They believe that the cupping effect will dissipate over time, as the floor settles into the expansion gap. FYI, I am in San Diego area. We have a very mild climate. This leaves me wondering, a lot. Does anyone else want to comment? Please tell me this issue is related to installation and not the product!!

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 3:21PM
Tumbles

We had 800 sq ft of Coretec installed in our kitchen, stairs and bonus room above the garage mid-June 2014. Within 3 weeks we started noticing issues with the seams (gaps) and a serious problem with some tiles where the vinyl layer was shrinking, exposing up to a 1/4 inch gap at seams. We contacted the retailer/installer who referred the issue to U.S. Floors (manufacturer). As of this date we have not been contacted by a U.S. Floors rep. I started researching the flooring to see if others had issues, and, like others, noticed that there is not much out there on Coretec. We kind of took a chance with this flooring and hope we don't regret this expensive decision. Hopefully U.S. Floors will offer a solution to correct the problems.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 12:49AM
joygreenwald

Oy vey! It's too late now for us to change our minds. The order went in on Friday. We have LVPs from Limber Liquidators on our playroom floor (To me, they seen nicer than their standard ones; my local store had these particular planks in stock on clearance.) The floor has been perfect, even after two recent floods thanks to crazy weather in New England. It looks and feels great, and people think it's wood. I decided to go with the fancier, more expensive, product for my kitchen. Of course, part of that decision was based on color. (I could get very similar planks on a cherry color but not a blue/gray. Cherry would have been fine in there. But we prefered blue/gray.). But I couldn't find any experiences or any place that has Coretc actually installed. Now I'm scared. It's only 100 sq ft, but it's an important 100 sq ft.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 8:19AM
BLindz

Thanks everyone for posting here. It's so hard to find reviews/experiences with this product.

kaseyray-Could you tell me the store where you saw it installed? We were about to order this product and are in the SD area as well. I saw some laid out at Coles, and it looked great. they really tried to sell their company installation though because then they could guarantee it. But I found a much less expensive option. Our flooring guy believes everything is at risk of expansion so he would let it acclimate and use expansion gaps. I'm so nervous about making a 1300 sq ft mistake.

Bookmark   August 3, 2014 at 6:29PM
Alannn

Tumbles,
Any answers yet on what caused your gap problem? Please post an update when you get details for us all.

kaseyray, I am a third person on this thread in San Diego area, also wondering about about the details on the non-flooring store install you saw that had the problem. IMO nothing beats seeing and walking in a room with product installed. But where is it???

Bookmark   August 8, 2014 at 11:47AM
Tumbles

The U.S. Floors reps came and assessed (moisture readings and measurements) my floors on July 25. As of today we have not heard back from them. I'll update this post again, hopefully, with good news from U.S. Floors.

By the way, I am also from San Diego.

Bookmark   August 9, 2014 at 7:57PM
Bacardi621

Tumbles, any update? I was getting ready to place a Coretec order, but am worried about the shrinking vinyl that you mentioned. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 9:43PM
Tumbles

U.S. Floors came back today and blamed the gaps on installation, stating our new second floor addition was not level? I'm not buying their findings. It's apparent that the vinyl layer shrunk. I suppose this is their way of getting out of replacing portions of the floor that failed. The retailer/installer stated they would replace the failed tiles at their cost. I don't see this flooring lasting more than a few years, particularly with gaps appearing three weeks after installation. I would not recommend this floor or any flooring by U.S. Floors.

This was their findings:

"The luxury vinyl flooring is experiencing issues with buckling and pieces not fully engaged on the end cuts to the doors and transition areas due to sub floors being out of level, installer not fitting in the end pieces properly for a proper fit, and direct sunlight on the luxury vinyl tile. At time of inspection, I found there to be no manufacture related issues, but to be locally caused issues."

This post was edited by Tumbles on Mon, Aug 25, 14 at 20:41

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 8:33PM
Bacardi621

Tumbles, thanks so much for sharing your update, though I am sorry you are having to deal with this. I am so glad your retailer is handing the replacement planks for you.

After having looked closely at the actual pic, I can see why you think the vinyl may have shrunk. The core itself is a light beige, and I can see from samples here at my home that the image layer sits on a dark base that is then attached to the beige core. How can they say that the planks aren't fully engaged if you can't even see any of the beige locking mechanism?

Ugh....I had just finalized my decision to order this floor, and it looks like I need to start over. :(

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 10:05PM
Bacardi621

To follow up Tumbles' post, I wanted to share a pic of a Coretec Plus sample....you can see the image layer, the darker layer (same as you see in Tumble's pic), the beige core layer, and the cork at the bottom.

If the boards were not engaged properly, why would you be seeing the dark layer and not the beige layer?

Bookmark   August 26, 2014 at 12:10AM
Alannn

While shopping for flooring, I saw Coretec Plus installed in an entire room (office) in the flooring store, Carpet Club, in Escondido, CA.
There were many gaps on the short ends of the planks. The salesman said the issue was not due to an installation or room problem. The salesman said US Floors had changed their manufacturing process, now at a different factory, and that corrected the product's problem. The installation was over a year old.
I wonder why US Floors did not replace the product the salesman described as defective so that customers would not get scared away. I suppose a possible answer is US Floors did not stand behind their product as in Tumble's situation.

Bookmark   August 26, 2014 at 10:37PM
Bacardi621

Alannn, thanks for that update. I may call US Floors and discuss it with them since I really do like the floor material.

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 12:43AM
joygreenwald

We've encountered delays with the kitchen. (Anyone here surprised?). So, I haven't even picked up our order yet. I will post once it's installed and post again to follow up.

As I said, I'd already ordered it before this thread took off. It's non refundable. So we'll just hope for the best.

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 7:03AM
mrobvious

Dirty little secret - this homeowner was the victim of a bad install by their retailer. The Coretec Plus(or any locking vinyl) is easy to install wrong. Most locking vinyl plank/tile installations that I have seen fail are due to: 1) flatness of subfloor is neglected (3/16" in 10' minimum). If the floor is not within the minimum flatness requirement, it will disengage over time due to the stresses put on the locking system. 2) installer fails to engage the locking system properly. It can look like it's together, but unless it is struck at a roughly 45 degree angle with a rubber mallet on the end joints, it is near impossible to get it properly engaged (video on you tube - Coretec Plus original locking system). 3) "Overtapping" happens when there is too much force used to put a locking system together. This will give the planks a raised look on the end joints that is often confused with cupping. No matter what locking vinyl plank/tile flooring you choose - be sure to write only one check for the material and installation. You want the store to be responsible for everything. When you write two checks, you become responsible for everything and almost impossible to get your problem solved if you have a material problem or installation problem. Another tip - ask to have your floor inspected by a certified independent inspector. Many times the retailer or manufacturer will pay for this (about $400) and the inspector's job is to view the floor and determine the reason for the failure: manufacturing, installation, or environmental/maintenance related(consumer). If you disagree with the inspection report, your next option is to hire another independent inspector(make sure they have the proper credentials!) to perform an inspection. If the inspector you hire comes to a different conclusion, most manufacturers will reimburse you for the inspection fee and issue replacement of material and labor expenses(verify this first). After seeing the photos it was immediately clear to me that the manufacturer was off the hook and the retailer/installer was responsible for the poor installation. The retailer should not have even wasted the homeowner's time filing a claim with the manufacturer.

Bookmark   September 2, 2014 at 1:15PM
Tumbles

mrobvious, I'm not sure the problems with our install are totally the fault of installer. I am having the damaged tiles replaced next week. I will take better photos of the tiles that I suspect are quality issues with U.S. Floors, including the vinyl layer deformation issues and the separation/peeling of the vinyl layer on a few tiles.

Bookmark   September 4, 2014 at 10:39PM
mrobvious

I read your post again and the response from US Floors. It sounds like they hired an independent inspector to inspect the floor. Is that correct? Typically independent inspector's are thorough and pay attention to the facts of the installation and arrive at their conclusions based on the manufacturer's installation & maintenance requirements, industry standards, and their written warranties. I have been contacted many times by inspectors asking for copies of all of those documents and then they produce their reports. Sometimes it goes the consumer's way and most of the time their conclusions find that the installation, maintenance, or the conditions do not meet the manufacturer's requirements(which can be obscure and numerous). If you feel strongly that the manufacturer is at fault, ask the retailer for a second inspection from a different certified inspector and see if they come to a different conclusion. It is relatively easy to prove if a locking system is defective, floor is not flat, delamination, or faulty installation. One final note - if a repair is performed without getting the floor to the proper flatness, it will fail again. The separation and peeling could be from the separation and uneven sub floor leaving high edges in traffic areas that are getting hit with foot traffic (seen this happen before). I am suspicious about a plank replacement type of repair, because the floor looks terribly out of rack and I envision difficulties if that is attempted. You are in a strong position, because at least now you have an inspection indicating the deficiencies in the installation and someone owes you a new floor - hopefully the retailer (if you wrote one check for everything) or the installer (if you wrote two checks for everything) will see it that way too. I hope you get taken care of and get your floor looking good.

Bookmark   September 5, 2014 at 6:52AM
Bacardi621

Tumbles, just checking in to see how the installation of your replacement tiles went, and if you have any additional pics. I am on the verge of ordering 700 sqft of the Cortec Plus XL, but just haven't felt comfortable enough to place the order yet. :(

Bookmark   September 12, 2014 at 4:36PM
Bacardi621

Just an FYI that I am now looking at a company that is selling a nearly identical product that I think is manufactured at the same facility as Coretec Plus. I heard there were some issues with their initial locking system, and they are now using a better one. I will let everyone know how these alternative samples look, since they are certainly cheaper than Coretec.

Bookmark   September 19, 2014 at 10:30PM
esga

Waiting to hear from you, Bacardi621, since I ordered a Coretech sample after reading this discussion.

Bookmark   September 22, 2014 at 4:44PM
Bacardi621

Elisabeth, I got my first samples (which were a bit small)..,they were identical to Coretec with the following differences: 1) the product looked exactly the same from a structure and click mechanism standpoint, except it did not have the cork layer. 2) their colors are more traditional and there are less to choose from. They are sending me some larger samples this week, plus some new large plank samples (like Coretec XL) that they just got in. I will post some pics when I get them in at the end of the week.

Bookmark   September 23, 2014 at 3:24PM
mrobvious

The product is imported into the country by Happy Feet International. It's called "Extreme Elegance". They do have some of the same patterns (8 total), no cork on the back, and the plank size is not the same. If Coretec Plus makes you nervous, then this product will make you run screaming naked out of the store with your hair on fire. Do your due diligence with this knockoff. Look at their website and try to get an msds sheet on it and the details of their warranty. They must have really cut their price to beat Coretec Plus on price because their wholesale cost was just the same or maybe a dime more when it was first introduced. A fair retail price for this product would be around $3 per sf.

Bookmark   September 23, 2014 at 4:45PM
Bacardi621

Mrobvious, I am not sure if that is the product or not...do you have a link? The one I am looking at is from weshipfloors.com. They posted a letter from US Floors stating that they are trying to patent this flooring and that WSF might owe them royalties, so if it wasn't similar why would US Floors bother with them?

Btw, I am not asking this to be snippy, but are you associated with US Floors in any way?

Thanks !

Here is a link that might be useful: Weshipfloors product

Bookmark   September 23, 2014 at 5:02PM
Bacardi621

Hi, I compared the specs for the Happy Feet product to the We Ship Floors product:

Happy Feet Enduring Elegance: (NOT THE SAME)
4mm Uni-Click Plank
.2 mm Wear Layer / 8 mil
100% Virgin Material
12 pcs. per box / 24 sq. ft. per box
30 Year Residential Warranty*

Happy Feet Extreme Elegance: (LOOKS THE SAME EXCEPT FOR LOCKING MECHANISM)
6.5 mm Uni-Click Plank
1.5 mm Top Vinyl Layer
20 mil Wear Layer
Anti-Microbial, Anti-Scratch, Anti-Slip
100% Waterproof
100% Floating Floor
10 pcs. per box/ 19.7 sq ft. per box
30 Year Residential Warranty*

We Ship Floors Kryptonite Waterproof Laminate (aka LVP)
6.5 mm
Valinge G2 Drop and Lock connecting system
1.5 mm Top Vinyl Layer
20 mil Wear Layer
Anti-microbial
Anti-scratch
Anti-slip
100% Waterproof
30 year Residential Warranty

Looks like they are the same, but I contacted WSF to be sure.

Thanks!

This post was edited by Bacardi621 on Tue, Sep 23, 14 at 22:30

Bookmark   September 23, 2014 at 10:23PM
Bacardi621

FYI that I received the wide plank samples today, and none of the colors worked for me....they were more rustic looking, or grayish, and I was looking for a more traditional color. Interestingly, the core was black instead of the Cortec ivory, and they did have cork on the bottom.

At this point I am back to picking from a couple of Coretec samples vs a couple of the We Ship Floors/Extreme Elegance samples.

Bookmark   September 26, 2014 at 9:50AM
kaseyray

Well, to all of you in the San Diego area, I don't want to name the flooring retailer, as throughout my research I have seen this retailer have stellar Yelp reviews, and I believe them that it's not their fault. They have been in business for a looooong time. Look at retailers in the Encinitas area, and ask around. You will find out. In case anyone is interested to know, I have decided against Coretec, and I'm probably going to do a combo of wood and polished concrete in the high traffic areas. Very durable for dogs and kids!

Bookmark   September 26, 2014 at 9:17PM
Jane.R.Williams

Yes I have had Coretec Plus Carolina Pine installed and I love it!!
The installers did have to do a bit of prep on a low section of the concrete slab in the family room.
I have moped it up with with flax soap and H2O and it looks great.
What is everyone else using??

Bookmark   September 28, 2014 at 3:41PM
Bacardi621

Jane, that looks great! I think I have finalized my color choice and am going to order this week. Did you get any of their transition strips?

Bookmark   September 28, 2014 at 4:19PM
Jane.R.Williams

Here is another pic of the flooring in my dinette. I should have used a flash as it looks darker than it is.
When the installers told me they had to apply concrete to even out the floor I was surprised. The company advertised that no floor prep was needed.
The installers also spent a lot of time cutting and staggering the planks.
One other thing they told me was to use real wood for the thresholds not the vinyl.
I live in Gainesville Florida where it is frequently 90% humidity.
Gainesville Carpets Plus installed the floor.
I love the floors. We are hard on our floors because we are gardeners and have a 70# dog.

Bookmark   September 28, 2014 at 4:20PM
Jane.R.Williams

Bacardi do you mean thresholds? They , installers, told me
to not use Coretecs' product and to use real wood for the thresholds.
Here is a pic of the threshold.

Bookmark   September 28, 2014 at 4:33PM
Bacardi621

Jane, I am in Jacksonville so I know about the humidity, sigh. Your floors look great, and it sounds like your installers knew what they were doing. I also going over a slab, so will keep the leveling in mind.

Interesting that they told you to use wood thresholds...I am worried about how to get the colors to match since I am going with a lighter, kind of grayish tan color.

Bookmark   September 28, 2014 at 4:38PM
Alan_at_WeShipFloors

Hi again Bacardi621.

I REALLY appreciate you telling me about this forum. I finally had a few moments to create an account.

I am sorry we didn't have a color that worked for you. We are limited in our colors at this time since we just started bringing in WPC a few months back. Our color offering will be increasing dramatically in the near future. With all the threats and demands being thrown our way, there is NO WAY we are walking away from this product. We're expanding the line!

I think everyone is making trim for this WPC flooring out of wood or matching it up with rubber moldings. The moldings manufacturer uses the floor you pick out as a color guide, so the trim should be pretty close.

If there is ever anything that I can do for you in the future, please let me know. I will help you in any way that I can.

mrobvious: In what capacity do you work for Piet - or are you Piet himself? (Piet owns US Floors)

I'm curious. how exactly did US Floors develop WPC again? Wasn't it already on the international marketplace when they picked it up?

As far as a MSDS sheet and Warranty info, they are all published. So is our Floor Score indoor air certification SCS-EC10.2-2007

Alan Ward
CEO
Hardwood Distribution LLC
WeShipFloors.com
Toll Free 844-FLOOR11

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 11:00AM
mrobvious

Dear Alan,

I am not Piet nor do I work for him. I own and operate several online flooring businesses preying on uninformed consumers. I don't let them return product unless they have at least 4 cartons left over and then I charge them a 25% restock fee plus a 5% handling fee, unless it is a special order item that I do not stock, which that ofcourse cannot be returned at all - he he he... I collect all my money upfront and never allow customers to return moldings or underlayment. By selling online I am never responsible for poor installations and I can sit back and blame the consumer or the installer. I have concocted a story about how my products are not name brands and that way I can drive the price down to near nothing and the products arrive in white unlabeled boxes. Anyone that questions me or my products are ridiculed in order to draw attention away from my business scheme. Your right Alan, you may just know who I am.

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 12:22PM
Bacardi621

Wow. I am not sure why this needs to become a personal attack?

I can say that Alan at We Ship Floors was very forthcoming with information, and spent quite a bit of time with me. And FYI that I am definitely not an uninformed consumer (I have been researching this floor for months, and have samples from multiple providers).

Of everything I looked at, his product was the closest to Coretec, and was basically identical with the exception of a different visual and the cork.

I am happy to provide pics for comparison purposes if anyone would like to see them.

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 12:42PM
mrobvious

Bacardi621: This thread started out with someone needing help on a Coretec Plus claim. What does a knockoff vinyl plank, with whatever name a guy wants to name it, (one vendor calls it Extreme Elegance and another calls it Kryptonite, one says it is a Valinge 2g locking system and another calls it Uni-clic - why the hyphen?, they both have the same patterns, same sf per carton, same warranties,etc..., etc...) have to do with this thread? Start a new one. If you want Coretec Plus, then ask your friend Alan what his price is on Coretec Plus. If you want Kryptonite, then get a price on the same product. To equalize Coretec Plus and this other potentially patent infringing product is just poor logic and misleads others. You could also do some research on copyright and patent infringements of the locking systems allegedly used on these products. There are basically 250 - 300 licenses, yet thousands of manufacturers purporting to use these locking systems. You may have done some research the best you can, but don't forget to ask yourself how do you know what you know is right? I have included a link for you. Tip - look for the holographic label on each carton to verify the locking system. Every licensed product has it.
http://blog.laminateflooringmanufacturers.com/the-legality-of-laminate-flooring-click-systems/

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 2:02PM
Alan_at_WeShipFloors

I own Hardwood Distribution LLC which sells online via WeShipFloors.com. I do not have multiple online selling sites.

I do not and never will prey upon uniformed consumers. We do our very best to educate and inform each and every person who wishes to buy from us.

I cannot think of a single person who we have ever charged a restocking fee, even though we say we do on the website. We work with people in any way that we can to try and make them happy. We do everything in our power to take care of the people who are gracious enough to give us their business. I am thankful for each and every person who gives us the opportunity to serve them.

Occasionally we have people who purchase flooring from us without first receiving a sample. We HIGHLY discourage anyone from doing this and inform them that they will have to pay the freight for making a return under these extraordinary circumstances.

My model is simple: We ship flooring direct from the manufacturer to the consumer. This saves you a TON of money.

Alan Ward
WeShipFloors.com
1-844-FLOOR11

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 2:06PM
Bacardi621

Mr Obvious, thanks for the link...I'll check it out.

Actually, this thread started out with someone asking about Coretec in general, and the claim info was added later. If the mods think that Coretec alternative options I am considering as I make my flooring choice are not appropriate in this thread, hopefully they will chime in or split the threads for us.

I did take some comparison pics of the WSF vs Coretec samples, and will post those later. I can also include some Build Direct WPC samples as well.

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 2:34PM
Alan_at_WeShipFloors

MrObvious,

Our click system is a Valinge G2 - with royalty paid.

US Floors does not have a patent on WPC flooring. Yes, they have applied for one but it has not been granted. This product was produced long before they laid claim to it. The fact of the matter is Coretec Plus and our WPC flooring is produced by the exact same manufacturer in the exact same mill.

Alan Ward
WeShipFloors.com

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 3:57PM
Bacardi621

All,

Here is a link to an album with 4 pics comparing the We Ship Floors product with the Coretec Plus product.

If I was going to go with the sample color in this pic, I would have gone with the WSF version just because the only difference is the cork. Unfortunately, WSF did not have a similar color to the one I wanted (Highlands Oak), so will be going with the Coretec XL line.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 5:16PM
Bacardi621

FYI that I added pics of 2 Build Direct samples to the album I shared above.

The visuals on their product are just beautiful, but I found that they sounded very clicky if you tapped on them, plus I was able to scratch them more easily than other products I looked at. You can see the scratches on the plank on the left in the image showing the click mechanism.

FYI that I have no idea what locking system they use, but they do offer great customer service.

Bookmark   September 30, 2014 at 5:35PM
joygreenwald

They just finished installing. Obviously, I don't know how it will hold up or if I'll encounter any of the problems others have seen. But here's an eye candy shot. (My contractor will be putting in a transition. We didn't order the vinyl one.

Bookmark   October 2, 2014 at 12:21PM
Bacardi621

Joy, the floor looks great!

FYI that 28 boxes of the Coretec Plus XL in Highlands Oak just got delivered to my house today....demo starts on Monday, and we should be laying the floor on Wednesday!

Bookmark   October 22, 2014 at 4:12PM
Bacardi621

Just an FYI regarding this comment from MrObvious:

To equalize Coretec Plus and this other potentially patent infringing product is just poor logic and misleads others. You could also do some research on copyright and patent infringements of the locking systems allegedly used on these products. There are basically 250 - 300 licenses, yet thousands of manufacturers purporting to use these locking systems. You may have done some research the best you can, but don't forget to ask yourself how do you know what you know is right? I have included a link for you. Tip - look for the holographic label on each carton to verify the locking system. Every licensed product has it.
http://blog.laminateflooringmanufacturers.com/the-legality-of-laminate-flooring-click-systems/

I just checked all 28 boxes of my namebrand Coretec Plus XL, and none of them had a holographic label. FYI that I ordered from a very high volume Coretec reseller, and am going to call and ask them about the label.

Bookmark   October 22, 2014 at 4:17PM
mrobvious

Bacardi621 - Should have specified that only Unilin and Valinge are doing that. Apologies for the confusion. Do you think the Coretec Plus is Unilin or Valinge or neither? For some reason Unilin is coming to mind, but they do not market that as a feature, which is odd if it is. Interested in what you find out.

Bookmark   October 22, 2014 at 5:53PM
joygreenwald

I'm so glad we went with vinyl. We have had a few leaks from ice forming in inappropriate places in our freezer. If we'd had gotten laminate (or possibly wood), we'd have ruined it before I managed to install handles on my cabinet doors. I love the feel of the Cortec under foot, and I'm able to stand to cook without gel mats. Obviously, 20 days due not qualify me to speak to durability. ;)

Oh, it's US Floors. No hologram. I talked directly to the US Floors rep who told me where to go to see it.

Bookmark   October 22, 2014 at 8:12PM
Bacardi621

Mr Obvious, I was told that Coretec was using the Valinge 2G lock system. I could find a press release where US Floors signed a contract with them for wood and cork, but couldn't find one specifically stating what the Coretec line is using...I should be talking to the reseller tomorrow and will let you know what I find out.

Eta: I found this article that says Unilin for the Coretec Plus XL line:
http://www.floorcoveringweekly.com/Main/Articles/USFloors_distinguishes_LVT_offering_with_COREtec_Plus_4503.aspx

This post was edited by Bacardi621 on Mon, Oct 27, 14 at 0:27

Bookmark   October 22, 2014 at 9:39PM
Bacardi621

Just an FYI that I just LOVE the color of the Coretec Pls XL (Highlands Oak) that I ordered, and I decided to expand my project to include the stairs.

I will be ordering stair noses and more product this week, plus demo starts on my 1st floor tomorrow. Can't wait until it is DONE1

Bookmark   October 27, 2014 at 12:29AM
Bacardi621

My Coretec Plus XL install is currently in process, and we are about 1/4 done. (I am actively participating in the install, and my installer has not done this product before). Unfortunately the first wall we did butted into a fireplace in a corner, and that was definitely a learning experience. However, I love the completed part so much that I expanded my project to include the stairs, and may eventually do it upstairs as well.

I travel every other week, so will be picking back up the week of 11/9. Once we are done, I will share pics and some observations from both a decorating and install standpoint.

For anyone considering this product, FYI that I got the best price at nicefloors.com...they will ship anywhere.

This post was edited by Bacardi621 on Sun, Nov 2, 14 at 11:12

Bookmark   November 1, 2014 at 1:23AM
kayakjim1990

Joy,
What color did you use in the kitchen pic? We are considering ordering Coretec for our entire 1st floor.

Bookmark   November 1, 2014 at 9:22PM
Bacardi621

Kayakjim,

I am also doing my whole first floor. I did want to point out one thing that you might want to think about....the way that the planks click together, there is no visual "plank separation" like there is with real wood. So you end up with a floor that looks like a huge flat surface. I am personally fine with this since that means those little bevels don't collect cat litter, but it might bother others.

Here is a pic of the floor taken with the light on it:

Bookmark   November 2, 2014 at 12:03PM
Bacardi621

And one of my install in process (please ignore the mess in the back!)

Bookmark   November 2, 2014 at 12:04PM
joygreenwald

Kayakjim1990, mine is petrified forest. It has the shape of tile rather than wood planks. I actually wanted that color in more of a traditional plank, but what I wanted didn't really exist. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Bookmark   November 2, 2014 at 12:14PM
Bacardi621

Back from a week of work travel, and focused on the next week of floor installation...this is only taking so long since my contractor was physically overwhelmed by the tile demo. I actually laid 2 rows myself last night (48 y/o overweight female!) and it is pretty easy. Once I learn to use a circular and a jigsaw (which will happen this weekend), I could TOTALLY install this myself if there was no demo involved.

Bookmark   November 7, 2014 at 6:48PM
smj11

Thank you all for the great info in this post. I have been following it for some time as we made our decision on which material to use in replacing our floors. After much debate and following this thread, we decided to move forward with Coretec. Two young kids, a cat, etc, it makes the most sense for us. I just wanted to clarify one thing--I heard there was a recall on the floors (a while back) and understand from the posts here that the company is now using a new manufacturer. I am making the assumption that any floors ordered now (November) are from the new manufacturer. I don't like to assume so wanted to see if anyone had been given specific information on this? Thanks!

Bookmark   November 13, 2014 at 12:36PM
Bacardi621

SMJ11, I was not aware of a recall, but did find that they had a different set of install instructions for any flooring purchased in 2014 or later. I had also heard that they changed manufacturers and locking systems.

My flooring is now 100% down and they are wrapping up the shoe molding. I absolutely love it, and have already had my bad cats put it to the test (sigh)....it passed with flying colors.

FYI that there was VERY little waste, so don't order a bunch of extra like I did. I am now doing my stairs, plus an upstairs landing and can't wait until it is all done. Once the furniture is put back, I'll post pics of the completed floors on the 1st floor.

Make sure you also shop around for price....I saved $2 a square foot and no sales tax by doing so.

Bookmark   November 13, 2014 at 1:28PM
smj11

All good news, thanks so much Bacardi621! Interested to know how it works out on your stairs. We were planning on carpet there but may be worth reconsidering. We also have cat "challenges" : )

Bookmark   November 13, 2014 at 2:38PM
Bacardi621

SMJ, the negative to doing the stairs is the cost of the matching stair noses! I have 15 stairs, and the bottom 3 are larger than usual so I had to buy I think 9 stair noses at $45 (I think) each. Ugh.

FYI that I am doing the vinyl on the top of each stair, and white risers.

Bookmark   November 13, 2014 at 7:05PM
mrobvious

Checked out the dealer page that Bacardi621 recommended. They listed the Coretec Plus Warranties on their site, however, US Floors will not honor any warranty for their products sold online. This link is to their internet sales policy: http://www.usfloorsllc.com/about-usf/retailer-policy/

Does that mean the product is sold "as is" and the customer assumes all of the risk if the floor fails?

Bookmark   November 14, 2014 at 8:50AM
Bacardi621

MrObvious...that is freaking scary and I am calling NiceFloors.com on Monday to see what they say. (And for the record they have given me nothing at a discount or for free) But I am really confused...first you said that Coretec was in a better category than other no-name products, but now you are disparaging online sales of the Coretec product? Exactly what are you recommending to people these days?

So back to my floors...we wrapped up the shoe molding today (also waterproof!) and used clear caulk between the shoe molding and the floors so that the floors were as cat proof as possible. We also laid the Coretec thresholds at the fireplace hearth and doors and it all looks AWESOME! Frankly, I could not be happier with how they look. The next project will be the stairs and my upstairs landing.

FYI that I live in FL (cheap housing!) and my last house was worth about $450k with wood and travertine, and to be truthful I would NOT use this product at that price point unless it was in a basement. My current townhouse is worth about $210k, and is in a neighborhood where everyone is doing laminate, I think this is a far superior product if you have pets or kids.

More pics to come once the kitchen backsplash and appliances are fully installed.

Bookmark   November 14, 2014 at 10:18PM
Bacardi621

I just read the US Floors warranty and that is the usual BS from a company that is trying to discourage discounted internet sales. I am comfortable with the company I bought from, the product, and the quality of the install. If you read the warranty in detail, they will basically invalidate your warranty if the wind blows in the wrong direction. I call a major BS alert on all fronts and am completely ignoring this discussion as I feel there is an agenda at hand.

Bookmark   November 14, 2014 at 10:28PM
Bacardi621

Just an FYI for any clean freaks installing this flooring....it is absolutely filthy right out of the box! I am using a Hoover Floormate with the hardwoods brush (more gentle than the tile brush) and the US Floors recommended Hilway Direct ph neutral cleaner and am just appalled (and so is my cat!) at the yucky dirt coming off the newly laid floor!

Bookmark   November 14, 2014 at 10:53PM
joygreenwald

Interesting. Mine wasn't dirty at all.

Bookmark   November 15, 2014 at 8:50AM
Bacardi621

Joy, they didn't look dirty but they definitely felt like there was a dusty layer as I pulled them out of the box. I am cleaning them again today before putting any furniture back.

Bookmark   November 15, 2014 at 11:21AM
HomeownerNewb

Hello everyone,
How well do your transitions, T molds and stair caps match? We had Margate Oak installed which looks great, excellent quality. But I feel the transitions don't match at all.

Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 9:22AM
joygreenwald

I had my contractor make a custom wood transition. I had heard (from where I can't remember) that the transition piecess weren't great.

Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 10:28AM
Bacardi621

While my transition pieces look good, if you step on them there is a HORRID creaking sound. I am contacting my reseller this week because the scratchy, creaky noise is not acceptable.

Aside from that, my floors look AWESOME and everyone seems to think they are real wood. I couldn't be happier! Stairs are going in about 2 weeks from now, and I will post more pics at that point.

Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 11:49PM
Bacardi621

Found out my transition strip is squeaking because it isn't fully engaged. My contractor is going to have to grind down the tile a bit.

Also, I am still picking up lots of yucky, grayish dirty water when cleaning the floors. I read the instructions on the recommended cleaner, and it suggests using a stronger concentration on the first cleaning, and let it sit on the floor for 10-20 mins, mop it up, and rinse again with clean water.

I mixed up a stronger solution, applied with a spray bottle, but only left it sitting for a few mins. Then I used my Hoover Floormate and scrubbed it up...definitely dirty, despite being mopped weekly for the last 3 weeks or so. But they do look cleaner than before!

Bookmark   November 29, 2014 at 11:43PM
lovelierthoughts

This thread got me to finally join GardenWeb because I've been researching floor options for our, "be your own contractor" kitchen/back door/hall/ bathroom remodel. Yep. It's been a handful and it's still in progress.

We've been walking the fine line between quality/ cost and can we do it ourselves for the entire project and the floor has been a particular challenge. We want cork because we're in our mid 60's and I will be able to stand on it to cook without wanted to shoot myself to ease the foot, ankle, knee, back and neck pain. We want waterproof because there are two exterior doors, a kitchen and a bathroom involved and we are gardeners and big dog owners. But we want to pay for it without delaying our retirement any further than we already have. Oh- and also this little plus. When I pulled up our repulsive old flooring what should I find underneath? Old asbestos tiles. But not crumbling thankfully.

I just found US Floors Coretec online and called the closest contractor to my area (Maryland). It all sounded very positive but expensive. The lovely person I spoke with at the Eco Design center quoted me a ballpark price of about $5,500 installed.

So I am posting because I am most desperate to get this 350 sq ft area done and hope this thread will continue into the new year (2015) so I can pick people's brains and learn from their experiences.

Here are my current questions: Does the US Floor Coretec have to be installed professionally as some of you have said? Is it best to write one check = purchase and install in one? For those of you who have installed the floor or had it installed- How is the floor wearing?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

Bookmark   December 28, 2014 at 4:00PM
Bacardi621

I absolutely LOVE my floors, am getting ready to do my stairs and upstairs landing, and may do my bedrooms as well. This flooring is perfect for anyone with pets or kids. However, I do think you need to be conscious of the price level of your home...my neighbors are all doing laminate instead of hardwood, so I felt comfortable that this would not hurt my resale.

FYI that the waterproof aspect has already been a lifesaver for me since I ran it through my kitchen. It has also saved me from issues with my bad cats (sigh).

I did not write one check....I ordered from Nicefloors.com (about $3.7 a square foot...I bought 700 sq ft) and they shipped to me. Then I paid $1.50 sq ft for install (excluding shoe molding material/install)
by someone who installs laminate. They did an excellent job, though I do admit to being VERY involved to make sure every seam was as tight as possible).

Bookmark   December 28, 2014 at 5:03PM
mrobvious

Lovelierthoughts - In regards to your current questions - it depends. Trade offs are involved in every decision we make. Bacardi621 chose to purchase the product "as is" from an online retailer, avoided the sales tax, saved some money, spent the time and actively supervised the installation done by an independent contractor on her own. She took responsibility for the entire project (material and installation) and apparently reaped the rewards of saving potentially a couple of thousand dollars if the product and installation performs as intended. If it doesn't, then she is responsible. If you want a "turn key" experience where you hire a retailer, write one check for everything, make them responsible for the material and labor (along with the manufacturer's warranty), then you will pay more for the reduction in risk. It depends on your tolerance for risk and the value of your time. Coretec Plus does not have to be professionally installed. It does have to be installed correctly. Even if you choose to install it yourself and install it correctly, US Floors will not warrant the product if purchased through an online retailer. Some say the warranties aren't any good anyway but still buy the product because of it's attributes. By the way, I think the retailer gave you a high ball park number, so you may want to have someone come to your home and give you a firm bid to do the work - and it wouldn't hurt to mention the online prices to them - that should cut your bill down quite a bit, and if not, then get another bid.

Bookmark   December 29, 2014 at 8:15AM
Bacardi621

I agree with MrObvious regarding tthe warranties...they are written so that unless you live perfect lab conditions AND a high priced retailer installed it, you won't be getting anything back if you have issues.

I chose to go with the affordable option and be actively involved. For me it has certainly paid off thus far, and I was able to apply the savings toward doing the stairs. (Demo starts TODAY....no more nasty carpet on the stairs!)

Bookmark   December 29, 2014 at 9:30AM
lovelierthoughts

Thanks so much for your thoughts mrobvious and Bacardi621!!

Based on your feedback I did some more online searching and found a retailer/installer right in my little town. His ballpark estimate is about $2,600. He says they guarantee every job and will fix any problems. Sounding better and better...

Bookmark   December 29, 2014 at 2:21PM
Bacardi621

Lovelier, so glad you found a more affordable option! If possible, I would try to make sure that you see some installed in person, or at least see how some planks fit together. These floors have less delineation between planks than hardwood, and you may or may not like that. In my case, it means less cracks for cat litter to gather, lol.

I'll see if I can take some more pics of my install and will post later this week.

Bookmark   December 29, 2014 at 8:21PM
lovelierthoughts

Bacardi621, that's a good idea. Thanks for the tip- I really had not thought about that aspect of the product. Looking forward to your pics.

Happy New Year!

Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 10:08AM
Alan_at_WeShipFloors

Hey Bacardi621, your floor looks awesome!

I haven't read this thread in a few months. But because we keep getting so many calls from it, I decided to stop in.

The question above about the locking system - its Valinge 2g. The Unilin lock is the one that gave the problems.

We haven't received anymore nasty letters from US Floors in a while. If they have a problem with their manufacturer selling the same product to us, then they should take it up with them.

Happy 2015!!!!!

Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 10:16AM
Cheesi

I just found this thread. We're looking to have Cortec Plus installed in our house. How is the sound? Is it like walking on laminate flooring or more muffled?

Thanks.

Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 7:57PM
Bacardi621

Cheesi, it is far more muffled than laminate, and I suspect that is due to the cork. FYI that for comparison purposes I have had nail down hardwood, engineered hardwood, Pergo laminate, and tile as comparison points.

The only time I really hear any noise is when I run the vacuum cleaner across planks as opposed to lengthwise along planks. Then I hear a bit of echoing.

Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 8:21PM
Bacardi621

Just an FYI that my stairs were delayed, and I am installing Coretec Plus XL on them this week. Pics will be forthcoming!

Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 8:24PM
Cheesi

Barcardi621 - thanks for the response. It's very helpful as have all the responses in this thread been. We're doing a pretty large area and taking up laminate, tile and carpet to opt for this product.

Bookmark   January 6, 2015 at 10:22AM
Bacardi621

A quick update...the stairs and landing are taking a bit longer than expected (sigh). FYI that the stair nose treads appear to have a non-slip finish which is nice, but I would recommend that you make sure the moldings come from the same color run as your flooring or you risk a color difference. Mine look the same when you view them, but photograph a bit differently due to the finish difference. Also, I did have one stair nose piece that had a finish flaw, so be sure up check them all upon receipt.

I am about a week or so from completion pics, but am very happy thus far. As an owner of 8 cats who have been VERY bad with all the reno noise, I am VERY happy with the cleanability of the floor this far. And my neighbors can't believe it is vinyl.

Bookmark   January 10, 2015 at 10:14PM
fmzip

Stumbled across this thread as I am ready to pull the trigger on the Coretec Plus XL Alabaster oak

I am planning to install this in my basement on concrete. I am familiar with product like this as I used quick-step laminate upstairs. 10 years later, no issues until the toilet overflowed all night long, ruining the quick step and the carpet in the basement. Thought Coretec would be ideal.

I think I got a very good price for it locally for $3.89 sq ft, not sure if there is much to be saved ordering it online. What is the suggestion for scrap with this, 5-10%?

This post was edited by fmzip on Sun, Jan 11, 15 at 21:29

Bookmark   January 11, 2015 at 9:17PM
Bacardi621

I had very little waste, but did have some planks with flaws so I would make sure that you order a little extra. 5-10% extra should be enough.

Bookmark   January 11, 2015 at 10:01PM
Bacardi621

Btw, you got a great price on the XL...at my local seller they were asking $5.69 + install. So I was forced to buy online.

ETA: Is the Alabaster Oak XL (9") or the 7" plank?

This post was edited by Bacardi621 on Sun, Jan 11, 15 at 22:51

Bookmark   January 11, 2015 at 10:08PM
Bacardi621

Stairs aren't 100% done yet, but are looking pretty good. (orange oak banister will be painted white, and please ignore the white trim pieces). I still need to paint the risers again and caulk all the seams.

My only complaint is that the stair noses squeak when you walk on them. I am going to call US Floors tomorrow and see what they say.

Bookmark   January 12, 2015 at 8:27PM
smj11

Bacardi621--your stairs look awesome! thanks for posting the pic, we have almost identical stairs so it is great to see what it would look like. We did the entire downstairs 1000+ sq ft (darker color), and are loving it so far. Stairs are the next decision.

Bookmark   January 17, 2015 at 10:03AM
Cheesi

Barcard621 - your stairs do look great! Well we're set for starting install the first week in February (no we're not doing it ourselves). I'll have to post a picture when we get done. We opted for the 5" Plank in Red River Hickory. No stairs in our house so don't have to worry about that one!

Bookmark   January 19, 2015 at 3:08PM
Bacardi621

Thanks all!

SMJ....email me before you start your stairs and I will send you some pics of how we had to tackle some issues.

FYI that US Floors recommended installing the stair noses so that the part that hangs down does NOT touch the stair risers to avoid squeaking. Might have been nice if they included that detail in the instructions somewhere!!!! Now I have to have them removed and done all over again. :(

Bookmark   January 19, 2015 at 4:15PM
btshelley

I am really happy to have found this blog. I have a beautiful sample of Cortec Carolina Pine laying on my floor as I type. We are building and I have been trying to decide on flooring. Wanted something waterproof that I could put throughout the house with NO transitions! I love the look of this product. My husband wanted the wood look porcelain tiles, but he saw this and has agreed this is the better option (softer and not as cold!).

We will have stairs to do and a 45 degree angle in our house. Any helpful tips would be appreciated!

Bookmark   January 19, 2015 at 9:24PM
Bacardi621

My recommendation is that you pick a color that will match some solid wood thresholds (if needed), as well as solid wood stair treads. The trim pieces are the weak link in this product line, unfortunately.

Bookmark   January 19, 2015 at 10:09PM
kshoe01

Does anyone with Coretec installed have big dogs? Have there been issues with their nails scratching the floors?

We have an 80 lb wild, wild retriever and his 40 lb playmate along with small children and their scratch-y toys :) Any advice? Yay or nay on these floors for our circumstances?

Bookmark   January 21, 2015 at 11:46AM
Bacardi621

kshoe - someone above in the thread (post has pics) shared that they have a 70lb dog....you might want to check with them.

On my remodel front, we had to make some changes to the stair nose installation which lessened the squeaking but did not eliminate it.

As far as my regular T mold threshold that was linking tile to the Coretec, the trim piece was definitely fully engaged to the bottom track that it clicks into, but was still squeaking horribly. My floor guy ended up removing it, and reinstalled it to NOT overlap the edge of the tile and that removed all the squeaks. However, my tile install had a clean metal edge so this approach may not work for everyone.

Takeaway: If I had to do it all over again, I would use solid wood thresholds and stair treads, period.

But from a flooring standpoint, I love it so much for being pet proof and low maintenance that I am placing another order and running it throughout my 2nd story.

ETA: I just noticed that they are now carrying an Overlap Reducer....no wonder the T threshold squeaked, lol. But I still wouldn't by their trims if I could substitute a sold wood alternative.

ETA2: They ended up using some finishing nails in my stair noses, and to cover up the tiny holes they used a Minwax wood filler pencil in Natural Bleached Wood....perfect match to the Highlands Oak.

This post was edited by Bacardi621 on Wed, Jan 21, 15 at 18:39

Bookmark   January 21, 2015 at 5:47PM
Bacardi621

Btw, here is a pic of the flooring in my DR...please don't look too closely at the walls and trim that need to be painted!

Bookmark   January 21, 2015 at 5:51PM
btshelley

Your floor looks beautiful! I think we will use solid wood on stair treads and any transition pieces needed.

By the way, love your Chinese statues. I went to China last year and they are everywhere over there!

Bookmark   January 22, 2015 at 10:32PM
Bacardi621

Thanks...I love foo dogs for some reason, lol. And excellent choice on the transition strips and stair treads...I wish someone had given me that advice!

FYI for the thread readers...I had purchased my Coretec online, and MrObvious had shared that the warranties would be voided because of that. I talked to Nicefloors.com this week while placing the order for my 2nd floor, and confirmed that all warranties are in effect for my purchase and have not been voided since they purchase directly from US Floors and there is no middleman involved. Yay!

This post was edited by Bacardi621 on Thu, Jan 22, 15 at 23:07

Bookmark   January 22, 2015 at 10:54PM
anemone2000

Thank you all for the information on COREtec Plus. We have decided to do our basement floor in Gold Coast Acacia. A special thank you to Bacardi621 for the recommendation on Nicefloors.com. Their price was significantly better than any local dealer (East coast) and they were wonderful to deal with. It should be delivered next week so I will update if there are any issues and also report our progress once the floor starts going in.

Bookmark   January 23, 2015 at 1:38AM
anemone2000

Could anyone tell me how much each carton weighs? I just got the phone call that it will be delivered Monday and my husband will be out of town. I would like to get it into the basement as soon as possible to acclimate so I need to know whether I can probably do it myself or if I need to call in reinforcements. (62 yo, overweight, out of shape, but strong and determined female.)

Bookmark   January 23, 2015 at 12:12PM
Bacardi621

The XL packages weigh about 50 lbs each, but are VERY long and unwieldy. You will definitely need another person to help you.

Bookmark   January 23, 2015 at 1:49PM
anemone2000

Thank you! I will find a sucker, I mean a friend, to help. I am getting the 5"x4' boards but it sounds like I will need help, especially carrying them down the stairs.

Bacardi, your floors are beautiful! I hope ours look even a fraction that good.

Bookmark   January 23, 2015 at 5:19PM
joygreenwald

I needed to get them in by myself, so I just carried them in piece by piece.

Bookmark   January 23, 2015 at 5:22PM
anemone2000

Thanks joygreenwald! A very good option that unfortunately I didn't think of, but may need to use.

Bookmark   January 23, 2015 at 6:34PM
calchiro

I see a lot about the installation of coretec, does anyone have input on the durability of the floor? we are thinking of putting it in our beach house about a block from the gulf of mexico, in the panhandle of florida. Needless to say, hot humid conditions but a concrete form house so well insulated. Thanks

Bookmark   January 24, 2015 at 3:46PM
Bacardi621

Calchiro, I am in North FL near the beach (east coast) as well, so am definitely familiar with the humidity.

This product has a commercial warranty and is 100% waterproof, so it should be just fine. However, I have noted that the changes in temp and humidity definitely impacts the floor so you would want to make sure that you install with the expansion gap as recommended.

Bookmark   January 24, 2015 at 7:16PM
Bacardi621

Anemone2000, thanks for the compliment....I am sure yours will be fabulous and I can't wait to see pics!

Bookmark   January 24, 2015 at 7:19PM
momnorwicz

We are remodeling our beach house in Ocean City, MD and ready to order Cortec. After reading these reviews, I'm not sure. My main concern is the gap issue but I need a product that can withstand moisture, humidity and old dogs who have accidents!

Also, does anybody have any imput on the wood selections that have the distressed lines (chatter marks) running through them. I'm not sure I will like that look throughout the house.

Bookmark   January 27, 2015 at 10:18AM
momnorwicz

Once last question, since we live in an area with varying temperatures throughout the year, I would imagine I want to install this in the warmer months vs. colder to avoid buckling if they are installed too tight???

Bookmark   January 27, 2015 at 10:26AM
Bacardi621

momnorwicz, they will shrink when they are colder and expand when warmer (though supposedly not a lot) so I think warmer temps are better if you don't maintain consistent temps and humidity with a/c, etc.

As far as old dog accidents, these floors have been a lifesaver for me due to bad cat accidents. I clean it up with OdoBan and call it a day!

Bookmark   January 27, 2015 at 4:34PM
lisa2015

Momnorwicz, I live in oc, md. too and I have been looking at the coretec in Pleasant pine., what color are you looking at? Also looking at Armstrong too, it looks grayer but I like you can see the beveled edges better. I have two cats and two dogs so I worrier about water on the floor. Bacardi621 can you see the beveled edges or is it like one large board? You did a nice job it looks great. Momnorwicz who is flooring dealer

Bookmark   January 30, 2015 at 12:38AM
Chris932

Having 900 sq ft of COREtec plus installed in a beach house (that we use/rent) in OC, NJ in waterfront oak. There is a lot of conflicting information out there. I was told twice at retailer that this product could go on stairs. When I went to purchase, I was told no. I opted to carpet stairs but I called US Floors this am and awaiting a call back from the technical dept. I am concerned with the slip factor on the stairs especially little kids. We don't allow pets but we do have a dog ourselves.
As far as expansion, from the composite of the material, it should not expand. What will expand are the other materials touching it - cabinets, trim, plywood etc and will affect flooring.
Who doesn't like to get a good, fair price. I am hesitant about buying flooring online. I would ask US Floors if they warrantee such purchases since ultimately it is up to them. Retailers cross-ship products all the time so you could ask US Floors if the retailer is approved to sell their product. I don't know anything about the companies mentioned but thought I would through in my 2 cents.
My very large local retailer in SNJ runs a sale in February every yr on wood and laminate. I said I was ready to move forward with project just waiting for sale. Based on my sq footage, they gave me (in January) a better price than the February sales price (and better than the contractor discount). I was happy with the 3.59/sq ft price. I do find that retailers on average charge higher install costs but it is easier to use them. I found a local contractor that I felt I trusted (he is in my house and I won't be back until after it is installed) and wants his customers to be happy (so we call with next project). I saved a little (very) going this route. If it was my home and I could oversee day to day, I would feel differently.
I would get more than I estimate of the sq footage of job. One installer quoted job at 1000 sq feet and another 900 which saved $600 in product.
I will post pictures when job is completed.
It should be completed next week and I will post pics.

Bookmark   January 30, 2015 at 11:02AM
RiceARoni

Regarding Nicefloors.com - How do you find a reputable installer if you are buying online? We are in the Port Saint Joe, FL area.

Bookmark   January 30, 2015 at 11:45AM
Bacardi621

Chris, USFloors sells stair noses to match Coretec, so the flooring can definitely be used on stairs. (I also called USFloors and discussed my stair install with one of the people in their tech department). See my install pics and feedback above.

FYI that the texture on the plank and what appears to be a non-slip finish on the stair noses has not made them slippery at all. However, I have tripped more than once on the lip of the stair nose and I hate the squeaking of the trim pieces, so I still would not install the flooring on stairs again.

Also, I agree that you can't buy from just any online supplier, especially if they don't purchase directly from US Floors. Fortunately the online retailer I used does, which is why my warranty is intact.

ETA: Just watched my cats race up and down the stairs...they did not seem to have any tracking issues, and some of them are declawed.

This post was edited by Bacardi621 on Fri, Jan 30, 15 at 14:59

Bookmark   January 30, 2015 at 12:36PM
Bacardi621

Lisa, thanks! You really can't see the micro bevels on the planks...they do look like one flat board when the light is shining directly in. However, if you just look at it without the light glare, the color differentiation between the planks makes it look like different boards. HTH!

Bookmark   January 30, 2015 at 2:57PM
Bacardi621

RiceARoni - I used someone that had never laid Coretec, but had experience laying laminate. They are similar, but you need to make sure that they are very focused on clicking the planks together correctly.

I made my guy read the 3 pages of instructions and watch a video, lol. (I did the same!) Then I helped during the install and repeatedly reminded them to make sure that there were no hairline cracks. Despite that, there is still ONE place where a plank is not securely engaged and it drives me NUTS every time I see it. :(

I would suggest looking at Angie's List and find a flooring contractor who's reviews are all A's and mention a great attention to detail. Also, regardless of the rigid core, there is still a lot of prep required for either a concrete slab or a wood subfloor from a leveling standpoint so you need someone with experience. My first floor install was on a slab, and I am now getting ready to do the 2nd floor which has a wood subfloor. Unfortunately, I think it is going to require some leveling compound before we lay the flooring.

Bookmark   January 30, 2015 at 3:09PM
Bacardi621

oops...duplicate post!

This post was edited by Bacardi621 on Fri, Jan 30, 15 at 20:25

Bookmark   January 30, 2015 at 8:24PM
anemone2000

Has anyone here used a sub-floor system such as Delta-fl, Dricore, Platon, etc? Our Coretec is going into our basement on top of a cement floor. The floor seems to be dry (at least this time of the year) using the Saran Wrap test but it is definitely cold (Northeast US). The sub-floor acts as insulation and apparently allow for air circulation under the flooring in case some water does come up. From the research I have done, I am leaning toward Delta-fl which would provide insulation, a vapor barrier, and it looks like the Coretec can be laid directly on top.

Pros, cons, thoughts?

By the way, I was also leery about ordering the Coretec online but Nicefloors.com was significantly cheaper than any place locally. They answered all my questions and the floor was delivered 7 days later.

This post was edited by anemone2000 on Mon, Feb 9, 15 at 9:07

Bookmark   January 31, 2015 at 3:00AM
Bacardi621

Anemone, I have a friend in Boston who is getting ready to install this in his basement...I can ask what his contractor is recommending and let you know next week. My subfloor was concrete, but above grade so I just used a 6mil poly sheet as recommended by Nice Floors. But I can totally see why you would need something to compensate for possible wetness.

Bookmark   January 31, 2015 at 3:27AM
anemone2000

Thank you Barcardi. I would appreciate that. Nicefloors may have a recommendation too. I will give them a call.

This post was edited by anemone2000 on Mon, Feb 9, 15 at 9:13

Bookmark   January 31, 2015 at 4:55AM
laylow

If your looking for core - Tec contact Gary 7069803975 . we purchased the st Andrews oak for 3.39 and the Noce travertine for $3.09 sq ft .Love the product and durability is incredible . We met him at home show in Atlanta he sent us samples and gave it a shot was skeptical but exceeds all my expectations. wouldn't want anything else

Bookmark   February 4, 2015 at 2:18AM
laylow

If your looking for core - Tec contact Gary 7069803975 . we purchased the st Andrews oak for 3.39 and the Noce travertine for $3.09 sq ft .Love the product and durability is incredible . We met him at home show in Atlanta he sent us samples and gave it a shot was skeptical but exceeds all my expectations. wouldn't want anything else

Bookmark   February 4, 2015 at 2:19AM
Chris932

Wanted to follow up and post photos after install. Overall happy with floor. in my opinion, if you are used to hardwood while looks maybe deceiving, this floor does not have the feel of hardwood. Has a little bit of that click sound but the cork does help with that. Expecting to mostly have barefoot, flip flops and sneakers so not an issue. That being said this is a great option for us to install at a rental property at the beach. I expect it look look great for years to come (and much better than the carpet that it replaced.) The is the 7" Waterfront Oak. There is a little bit of bevel at each each so there is definitely a separation. It is hard to see that from these photos. Bevel is smaller than what is typical on hardwood. It was installed by a professional installer. He said the installation was much more time consuming than Pergo. You and to be very precise on locking together. I was pleased with his work.

Bookmark   February 6, 2015 at 6:23PM
Bacardi621

Chris932, that looks AWESOME!

Bookmark   February 6, 2015 at 6:31PM
anemone2000

That is beautiful Chris!

We have had a few delays but hope to start installing ours soon. We decided on the Delta-fl underlayment and it arrived yesterday. Pictures will be posted as soon as we have something to show.

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 2:58AM
joygreenwald

Chis, looks great! I love the color.

It's exciting how many more people have used the Coretec since I started this thread and took a leap on it. I had a friend over the other day. She was trying to figure out if the floor wood or tile (since I have the petrified forest tiles). It was so funny; it was like a commercial. When I said it was vinyl, she just kept saying, "No way!" and feeling it.

I'm so conservative. It's only been in four months, so I still like it's way too premature to give it my stamp of approval. (What if I recommend people get it, and then I start having problems?) But so far, so good!

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 7:36AM
Bacardi621

Anemone, I just heard from my friend in Boston last night...his contractor is only using a thin vapor barrier in his basement. But I think your approach sounds much safer!

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 11:06AM
anemone2000

Thanks Bacardi! We are anxious to get it in.

The Delta-fl people recommend putting down landscaping fabric on top of the cement to prevent the clicking noise you sometimes get from floating floors. The Delta-f[ is laid on top of the fabric and the sections of Delta-fl are taped together. Low volume expanding foam is sprayed around the perimeter which creates a vapor barrier. The Coretec is then laid directly on top of the Delta-fl. We are keeping everything crossed that it goes well.

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 12:31PM
Bacardi621

Anemone, that sounds like quite the install, but that your guys also know what they are doing! Have you had any moisture issues down there in the past?

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 2:21PM
anemone2000

In this half of the basement, only ruptured pipes. The house was built with copper pipes but the well water is very acidic so it eventually ate through the copper and the pipes would leak. All of the pipes have now been switched to PVC and we have a pH neutralizer.

The other half of the basement, that we are not flooring, has had issues when the electricity has gone out and there was no power for the sump pump and it overflowed. We now have a battery back-up for the sump and a portable generator (assuming we are at home). We feel we are as well protected as we can reasonably be, but Murphy's Law is always there to bite you in the butt. The Delta-fl should also help to keep the floor a bit warmer.

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 4:00PM
Chris932

Here is another picture. The bottom right is a before shot. I also wanted to mention a few things I learned. A good installer can maximize the product with as few cuts as possible. The last piece cut when moving across the room is the first piece in the next row. This ensures a good staggering pattern. My installer measured 900 sq ft and I ordered 917. There was very little left. They always say it is good to order extra but I have extra from every job and none has ever been used.
I also kept carpet on the stairs. It was easier and cheaper. Since I had carpet torn up, the best section (under a bed) was kept. It went on the stairs when the old one was removed. I was concerned with how it would look but it turned out much better than expected. It does match carpet on stairs next to it. I will take a picture and post when I get back.

Bookmark   February 7, 2015 at 9:43PM
hope706

Barcardi621 - I am thinking about replacing my flooring with tile or vinyl. I am looking at the Coretec. I was told that we would need to put shoe molding down. I also have a bad cat who has constant bladder infections and sometimes goes right next to and up against by wall. I am worried about urine getting between the wall and shoe molding and going underneath the flooring. I am guessing there would be a gap between the wall and flooring for expansion? Have you ever had this kind of problem? I would rather use the vinyl but am afraid I will have to go with tile with epoxy grout (much more expensive).

Bookmark   February 8, 2015 at 11:57AM
Chris932

Here is another picture. The bottom right is a before shot. I also wanted to mention a few things I learned. A good installer can maximize the product with as few cuts as possible. The last piece cut when moving across the room is the first piece in the next row. This ensures a good staggering pattern. My installer measured 900 sq ft and I ordered 917. There was very little left. They always say it is good to order extra but I have extra from every job and none has ever been used.
I also kept carpet on the stairs. It was easier and cheaper. Since I had carpet torn up, the best section (under a bed) was kept. It went on the stairs when the old one was removed. I was concerned with how it would look but it turned out much better than expected. It does match carpet on stairs next to it. I will take a picture and post when I get back.

This post was edited by Chris932 on Sun, Feb 8, 15 at 21:07

Bookmark   February 8, 2015 at 9:00PM
Chris932

sorry dup post and can't seem to delete

This post was edited by Chris932 on Sun, Feb 8, 15 at 23:08

Bookmark   February 8, 2015 at 9:06PM
Bacardi621

So I had some guys move my super heavy treadmill downstairs today in preparation for my 2nd floor install (an afterthought, or I would have done the stairs last). Unfortunately, they scratched up the stairnoses on 4 stairs, which underscores my concerns about the quality of the trim strips. But as I expected, the floors themselves were unscathed. I will reiterate my previous recommendation to avoid the stairnoses.

Bookmark   February 9, 2015 at 1:29AM
annieo80

Considering using this flooring on a complete kitchen remodel. House is 125 years. Thoughts? Floors are not even and we are in Illinois.

Bookmark   February 10, 2015 at 8:18AM
anemone2000

Welcome annieo80. I am no expert as we are just putting our Coretec in now, but from what I have read, I think an uneven floor could be a problem. The numbers I have seen were no more than 1/8 in. elevation change over 6 ft. or 3/16 in. over 10 ft. What kind of floors are there now and could they be leveled?

Bookmark   February 10, 2015 at 10:19PM
Kate

Hi everyone. Thankful to have found this post. Pretty much the only reviews I've found of coretec! Getting back to the original poster, has anyone installed the gray/blue color options? Specifically interested in seeing the weathered concrete. Sample at our flooring showroom was small and the only other photos I've found are from manufacturer. Would love to see real world photos!

Has anyone encountered any of the problems that the original handful of posters had? Or has that totally been resolved when they changed factories?

1 Like    Bookmark   February 13, 2015 at 12:44PM
bmockler

Annieo80, I talked to a U.S. Floors tech person, and they advised me to do feather patches on uneven areas. I think you could also use a leveling compound.

Bookmark   February 14, 2015 at 5:57PM
bmockler

Going to be starting my 2nd floor in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I am dragging these 50lb boxes up the stairs one by one. 12 more to go, sigh.

Bookmark   February 14, 2015 at 5:59PM
cobbyw

Thanks so much to those of you posting pictures. We are building a beach house in Florida and are leaning toward Coretec Plus. Most houses being built today use hardwoods, engineered wood, or wood look tiles. We don't want any of those. Wood is too much maintenance and won't be good with wet feet. Tiles are too hard. The LVT makes sense on the budget and maintenance side. Although the house will be in the 500-600K range, I think Coretec still makes sense. We want something that can handle the various elements- sand, pets, kids, and water. I like the fact that it has a built in cork bottom. One comment made was that it doesn't have much of a bevel so it looks like one sheet. I am slightly concerned about this.

For those who have installed Coretec Plus, what do guests say about your floors? Are you getting positive feedback? It doesn't have to look exactly like wood but I don't want it to look too cheap either. Photos posted look good to me. Thanks!

Bookmark   February 15, 2015 at 8:00PM
bmockler

Cobbyw, I have received nothing but compliments on my floors, but I have to be honest and say that I would not personally put it in a $500-600k house from a resale standpoint. (I would pick the porcelain look tiles and use plenty of area rugs in your instance). However, if you plan on owning it for a while, I would install what is going to work best for your personal needs.

I am in the Jacksonville, FL area...if you are close by, you are welcome to come and see my install.

Bookmark   February 16, 2015 at 10:41AM
juliekelso

bmockler - What color is your Coretec floor? Did you do the install yourself?

Bookmark   February 21, 2015 at 4:55PM
bmockler

Juliekelso, it is Highlands Oak from the XL line. I had an installer I have worked with before, but I basically acted as his assistant. If I didn't have a saw phobia, I am very certain I could have done the majority of it myself. But his expertise in how to cut around the stair newel, door jambs, etc. definitely came in very handy. Plus all his tools, of course.

Bookmark   February 21, 2015 at 5:57PM
palekmom

Barcardi621 - My husband and I are in the process of installing about 1000 sq ft of Coretec on the whole first floor of our home. It is so simple to install and we are loving it so far! I noticed that you installed Coretec on your stairs. We are planning on doing ours too but can't quite figure out how the stair nose is supposed to fit over the edge of the stairs. Any tips of information you have would be appreciated. P.S. We have already purchased the stair trim so we are kind of stuck with it (even though I have read that wood stair noses would be better).

1 Like    Bookmark   February 22, 2015 at 11:37AM
bmockler

Palekmom, maybe I just need to get a husband instead of installers, lol. Regarding the stair noses , you glue down the plank to the top of the stair tread, and then place the WIDE edge of the stair nose on top of the plank. Do NOT push it all the way back where the short side of the stair nose touches the riser, or it will squeak every time you step on it. FYI that my guy both glued the stair nose and used a few finish nails. Let me know if you need more info, and I can take some pics for you.

Bookmark   February 22, 2015 at 12:33PM
nolared

This is one of the few places I could find anything on COREtec Plus also.

After looking at several big box stores and then a discount flooring store, this is the best option with the least complaints I have found so far.

One flooring store that carried it has given me a sample board that has 5" wide planks in deep smoked oak. This store had this product in their showroom entrance for 4 months in the same color. I find this color flat and dull. When I entered the store with the sun behind me, I did not notice any seams. However when I looked at it when I left the store with the sunlight from the entrance on it, you can tell where the seems meet on the short ends only. It did not appear to be lifting, just could tell where the seems were on those ends.

Another store gave me 3, 7" wide planks to take home for a sample. Not sure if this is the "Plus", I will call soon to find out. I like the color and size of the 7" wide planks better.

I am thinking of going with the store that offers their own installers if they carry the planks since that is the color and width I like better. The store with that loaned the planks only gives a list of installers. Then if there is a problem the store should handle it, I hope since it was their installer.

I live in central MS. It is very hot in summer, but 20's or teens in winter on slab and humid most of the year.

I may hold off a couple of months on this to see if there are any more reviewers giving advice who live in humid climates and installing on slab. I'd like to know if they run into problems. Concerned about looks and not getting moisture under from pets, etc.

I had a friend who went with me who once worked for a flooring manufacturer. He recommended spending the extra $ on a reputable local flooring company because some of the cheaper places get seconds. That is why they can sell them cheaper, and there are sometimes problems with them.

Bookmark   February 22, 2015 at 1:30PM
bmockler

The place that I purchased from is one of the largest volume resellers of Coretec in the US...definitely no seconds there. And the price difference between them and my local reseller was just too big for me to over look.

I went with the XL primarily because I liked the color I picked....it seemed like the 5", 7", and 9" were all very different as far as color offerings. As I recall, the 5" was more traditional, the 7" was more rustic, and the 9" had more contemporary finishes. I also hoped that any new technology would be implemented on the 9" XL since that was their newest line, but have no idea if that is true or not.

I will say that the flooring combined with a poly sealant against the baseboards has been a lifesaver as far as my very bad cats have been concerned. It is way easier to clean up and disinfect than my areas with tile/grout. I do use the floor cleaner recommended by US Floors, but also use OdoBan for pet accidents. I heard OdoBan makes a pH neutral floor cleaner, but haven't been able to locate it yet.

1 Like    Bookmark   February 22, 2015 at 3:24PM
brantbleacher

Thanks everyone for all your tips and pictures! We are also in FL (Tampa area) and are considering CoreTec. We have 12x12in tile currently throughout our house and have been told by the retailer that CoreTec would install easily on top of the existing tile without issue. Has anyone installed their flooring on top of tile? Thanks in advance!

Bookmark   February 23, 2015 at 4:57PM
bmockler

Brant, here is the link to the installation instructions. They said it could be installed over tile provided that it was well secured to the subfloor and level.

http://www.usfloorsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/USF-COREtec-Plus-Installation-Instructions.pdf

Bookmark   February 23, 2015 at 7:14PM
laurableacher

Thanks, bmockler!

1 Like    Bookmark   February 24, 2015 at 11:12AM
swakefield3

I am installing my Coretec Plus next week over tile, so I will let you know. Very excited, doing about 1500 sq ft.

2 Likes    Bookmark   February 24, 2015 at 6:31PM
cobbyw
Still strongly considering Coretec Plus for beach house. Both local and online retailers say it is very popular. I would LOVE to see any photos of installs and feedback on color choices. Thank you!
1 Like    Bookmark   February 24, 2015 at 7:34PM
Kate
I second that. If anyone has photos of any color of installed Coretec, please share! Or, if you know of anywhere to find photos (not computer generated) please share that as well! It'd be greatly appreciated!!
    Bookmark   February 25, 2015 at 5:08AM
bmockler

I found the OdoBan pH neutral cleaner that can be used on vinyl floors...definitely more affordable than the pH neutral product recommended by US Floors. I will be purchasing this next.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009WU6H5Q/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Bookmark   February 25, 2015 at 6:20PM
lovelierthoughts

Hi Kate! Wish I'd seen your request for a report on the Weathered Concrete earlier. but better late than never. I have seen that one and had a very large sample at home. For me it was way too dark and had some very un natural looking striations.. Maybe I could live with the striations but it was too dark in the space.

My husband has completely nixed any wood look alike as the rest of the house is all old hardwood (1939) and he thinks nothing but the real thing would look good next to that. He's probably right. So we were going with a stone or whatever they're calling it look.

Luckily there were a few places locally to get a sample. But unfortunately none of the lighter colors had a look I thought I could live with. I really want to put this material in as it seems to be the best of both worlds for our kitchen/back door/ hallway/ bathroom/ door the the basement and laundry room space. I've looked at lots if LVT and some looks pretty good but I really want that cork underlayment for my 64 year old spine and legs.

Good luck with your quest!

1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2015 at 1:09PM
lovelierthoughts

Hi bmockler!

Are you willing and /or able to post photos?

Thanks!

Bookmark   February 26, 2015 at 2:57PM
Kate
Thanks for your thoughts! My husband and yours would get along. He'd prefer not to do wood-look in our walk-out basement. Our house is much younger than yours though.. Built in '58, with original white oak throughout. I'll have to get my hands on a bigger sample of the weathered concrete. It's the only one we've found that we like. So frustrating that there are no actual pictures of it out there!
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2015 at 3:06PM
lovelierthoughts

I know… I really wanted that Weathered Concrete to work. '58 was a great year! Bet thats a cool house you've got!

Maybe you've already done this but in case you haven't- go to the Coretec site and look for any local distributers. I was really surprised to find I had a choice in my area and that if I was willing to travel the hour+ to a bigger city there were more.

Bookmark   February 26, 2015 at 3:32PM
bmockler

Lovelierthoughts, I have actually posted pics of my LR, DR, foyer and stairs earlier in this thread....let me know if they aren't displaying for you. I used the Highlands Oak pattern from the XL line.

2 Likes    Bookmark   February 26, 2015 at 5:13PM
anemone2000

Here are a few pictures of Gold Coast Acacia Coretec in our basement. We still have the baseboards to add yet. We used Delta-fl as an underlayment, with the Coretec directly on top. The Gold Coast Acacia boards are 5 inches x 4 feet. So far, so good.

3 Likes    Bookmark   February 26, 2015 at 10:58PM
lovelierthoughts

Thanks bmockler! It looks beautiful!

1 Like    Bookmark   last Friday at 7:09AM
lovelierthoughts

anemone2000

Thanks! The floor looks beautiful- with or without baseboards!

Bookmark   last Friday at 7:11AM
jretzl

After months of looking, my wife and I decided on Coretec Plus for our kitchen, dining room, pantry, and laundryroom which were all an Armstrong laminate. Also installing it in the hallway which is currently carpet, all together 520 plus sq ft. We went with Red River Hickory, our home is open concent with hickory cabinets. We're do it yourselfers, so installing it ourselves over a sound flat subfloor replacing an Armstrong laminate floor. Installation going well just taking our time, we'll be making our own transition pieces out of solid hickory.

2 Likes    Bookmark   on Sunday at 6:40AM
anemone2000

Looks beautiful! That is the other color we were considering so I love your choice.

Bookmark   on Sunday at 8:05AM
PRO
Floormax Factory Outlet

Anybody looking for core-Tec feel free to call me I'll beat your local flooring stores price plus can ship to anywhere in continental us up to 6 pallets for 149.00. with no sales tax it's not hard to figure out what's your best option.Gaurenteed 1st quality(certified us floor s dealer).don't fall for your local guys pitch about if you have problems non local companies won't be there for you. The warranty is by manufacture not store you buy at .all you do is contact the store. we then contact reps and have inspectors come check things out .anybody who tells you different is obviously trying to over charge you for a product. Make sure you are getting the best deal cause us floors is going to be the warranty supplier not the local store. Wether you buy from me or someone else just make sure you get best price cause remember warranty is by manufacture not store you buy at! So give me a shout if your looking to save$ I'll send you sample of whatever flooring you need.

Bookmark   on Sunday at 2:57PM
PRO
Floormax Factory Outlet

Gary Hance floormax direct 7069803975

Bookmark   on Sunday at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
carpet comparison
We are looking at 2 carpets right now. Both are Anso...
sutrotower96
How many different types of floors are ok in a house?
We currently have one type of hardwood in the formal...
emma018
Appalachian Flooring made in Canada
http://www.appalachianflooring.com/evershine I have...
cindywhitall
Bamboo flooring from LL bad odor
I purchased morning star bamboo strand click flooring...
rg100
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™