question about Publisher & how to make site show in search engine

irislover7bMarch 31, 2006

I finally managed to get my simple webpage uploaded properly. I used godaddy.com for hosting. I used Publisher Deluxe to make the page. But the graphics just show up as a box with an "x". Both are jpegs. I can't figure out what to do to fix it. I also would like to know how to make the site show up in search engines. I noticed that the websites I've seen have the name in the blue strip at the top of the page, but mine doesn't. How do I do that? Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
richardol

The name at the top comes from the TITLE value. I don't use publisher so can't help further, but look in the help for how to set the title.

As for search engines, that takes time. None of them will find you right away. Google takes several months. They all look at the text in your site. Description and title are also considered and that is what is shown on the listing for some of them. Key words have been so badly abused that they are largely ignored.

The "x" means that either the pictures didn't upload or they are in a different directory than you expect them to be.

Bookmark   April 2, 2006 at 11:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
irislover7b

Thanks. I finally got the image problem figured out. And I figured out the title bar or whatever it's called. I've notifed other sites that have a link to our old site, to update the link, but I still haven't seen the new one when I google. I thought maybe there was something I was missing.

Bookmark   April 4, 2006 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
Html Tag
What is the difference between strong and b tag? This...
puneetchauhan
help posting links to gardenweb
Hi all, Am feeling a bit dense here. May I ask for...
radley
How to post documents from googledoc into Post?
How do I attach a excel, and word documents to a post...
ladyrose65
Richard (chuggerguy)
Sponsored Products
Royal-Pedic 4 in. Pillow Top Mattress Topper - TWIN PILLOW TOP PAD 4 IN.
Hayneedle
Wave Sectional Sofa
| Italy Design
Saatchi Chrome One Light Pendant Light
$156.00 | Bellacor
Kimono Chandelier by George Kovacs
$410.00 | Lumens
Modern Fan Company | Stella Ceiling Fan
$436.00 | YLighting
Modern Fan Company | Gusto Hugger Ceiling Fan
$384.00 | YLighting
Los Angeles Angels Garden Flag