Breast Prosthesis

oldcraftyMay 31, 2011

Does anyone know of a reasonable place to get breast prostesis? Mine are 3 1/2 years old now and for the most part are OK. I was told they have a life expectancy of 2 years . so I feel like I should start looking, just in case. I also would like to purchase a pair for swimming. The first set with a bra cost $600.00 and I can not afford that at this time. I have even looked on the net trying to find directions for making them, but have not had any luck. Bird seed and some of the other suggestions just didn't sound comfortable. The silicone are very comfortable and I have never had a problem with fit or comfort. The first time insurance helped defray the cost, this time I'm on my own. Any homemade directions would be greatly appreciated. I still work in the public and not comfortable without them for appearances. But don't have a problem without them at home.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angiebyte

Hi there, birdseed sounds silly! You cant get that wet! Unless you want sprouts!

You might try joining this site. They are FAB. I went there when I had my breast reduction years ago and the women there were very supportive. There are various forums....one for breast cancer and reconstruction, one for aumentations, etc etc.

www.breasthealthonline.org

then join the appropriate forum, I bet they have some asnwers for ya :)

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 11:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mondorhus55

An external breast prosthesis is an artificial breast form that can be worn after the breast has been surgically removed. There are several different types of prostheses. They may be made from silicone gel, foam, fiberfill or other materials that feel similar to natural tissue. Most are weighted so that they feel the same as the ...
[url=http://drjsalomon.com/breast augmentation miami.asp]breat augmentation miami[/url]

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 7:27AM
More Discussions
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
shingles
i've been told if i don't move around so much that...
brightmoregirl
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
wowibrug
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Sponsored Products
Breast Cancer Awareness Ornament
$6.99 | zulily
Pink & Blue 'Every Drop Counts' & 'Keep Calm' Poster & Card Set
$13.99 | zulily
Ostrich Ladies Comfort Chaise Lounge - LCL1006B
$82.98 | Hayneedle
Piyo Piyo Baby Starter Kit - GS-BSK
$27.50 | Hayneedle
Bamboo Eden Gray Duvet Cover
Grandin Road