Autostart a cd rom

cynicMarch 12, 2002

I'm trying to do promo cd rom, basically putting a small website onto a cd. I'm trying to put in an autorun.inf file to automatically open the initial screen in the user's browser. Not having much success. Anyone ever do anything like this or have an idea of how to achieve it? I tried putting in an autorun.inf with the open=startpage.htm, but it can't find the executable. It's probably something simple but it's not hitting me! I tried batch file but that wasn't the solution. The autorun has to be the key.

TIA

Ken

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan4985

Hi Ken,

Here is a link to Microsoft System Journal Q&A article.

Q How can I make a CD-ROM load an HTML file automatically when the disk is inserted into the drive?

Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Article in MS System Journal

Bookmark   March 12, 2002 at 5:51PM
cynic

Thanks Dan, I appreciate it. Found a software package that would put together the code to do it but this sounds a lot easier and faster. I'll know tomorrow!

Thx again!

Ken

Bookmark   March 12, 2002 at 7:50PM
cynic

For anyone who is interested, thought I'd let you know that I found out that you have to run an executable from the autorun.inf. Short of compiling code you need to work around it a bit. There's a page that has a program that I used. Simple and effective! Worked perfect for me!

Ken

Bookmark   March 13, 2002 at 10:03AM
More Discussions
Bonsai
GardenWeb I hope this post finds you well. I have acquired...
olindha
seo
My client website has hit down after google Penguin...
Tinaustin
How to post documents from googledoc into Post?
How do I attach a excel, and word documents to a post...
ladyrose65
HTML link test
Does HTML work?
PatchyJack
artwork for new bathroom
I recently remodeled my bathroom and am looking for...
xamxam
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™