Migraine, or something else?

cheerful1_gwMay 6, 2010

The other night, I felt like my head was in a vise. I had chills and sweats. I thought it was subsiding yesterday during the day, but at night I had the same head feeling, and threw up. Not too much better today, and when I take a step, it feels like someone punched me in the chest.

I've had similar headaches before, but not the other symptoms. Anyone know what this may be?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pris

Take Dr. Pris's advise and don't take my advise. Call the doctor. This could be minor or it could be very serious. I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for someone not heeding the warnings by pooh poohing your symptoms.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 6:31PM
oilpainter

Headaches like that could be migraines or they could be lots of other things including high blood pressure. Only a Doctor can tell you for sure and this is serious enough to get on the phone immediately. Call your Doctor you need this checked out.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 10:37PM
joann23456

Definitely see a doctor, immediately. A sudden, severe, new type of headache should always be investigated. What if it were something like meningitis?

If you've had migraines before, then you know that the severe headache is normal, as is the nausea and throwing up, but not the rest of your symptoms. Do see the doctor.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 10:30PM
More Discussions
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
Tennis Elbow
Was just dx with a tennis elbow...Besides taking the...
anicee
shingles
i've been told if i don't move around so much that...
brightmoregirl
Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping
Hi Everyone, I've done some research, and have found...
SconsinKid
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Sponsored Products
Magnetic Therapeutic Quilted Pillow - MG6365/1
$37.81 | Hayneedle
Gelly Roll Hot & Cold Therapeutic Pillow - SS6243/1
$50.78 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™