Web Calendar for school/church

marilynwhoMarch 3, 2005

I need suggestions for maintaining a calendar on a school web site. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryanntx

marilynwho, do you want an inter-active calendar that others can post to? Or do you want one that only people with the schools password can add to?

Here is a Calendar that I do for my club's website. It automatically opens to the month that you are in, but you can scroll to any month in the year. You can also set it up to start with the first month of school if that's what you want. If it's what you want just let me know,

Bookmark   March 7, 2005 at 7:00PM
weedwoman

MaryAnnTX, I'm not the original poster but this is one of the questions I came to this site to ask. How did you do that? I don't need anything interactive - just the monthly calendar with text in the boxes would be enough.

I'm taking over the website maintenance for a non-profit I do volunteer work for - I know next to nothing about website making, which means I know twice as much as anyone else in the place... They have a calendar now that seems to be just a text document converted to html somehow and linked to the website; I guess I could make one up from scratch in an html editor or a word processor and convert it, but it seems like a lot of trouble and wouldn't be easy to keep up to date. I can't ask the last person who maintained the site because she went to Peru (really!)

Thanks.

WW

Bookmark   March 8, 2005 at 12:38PM
marilynwho

WeedWoman,

I ended up using Yahoo's calendar. It is easy to maintain and it can be set up to be viewed by others. In addition, you can make it available for update by designated people if you so desire. Then just add the calendar link to your web site. Yahoo tells you how!

Good Luck!

Marilyn

Bookmark   March 8, 2005 at 4:56PM
maryanntx

WW If you want the calendar, e-mail me and I'll send it to you written in html.

Bookmark   March 8, 2005 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
help posting links to gardenweb
Hi all, Am feeling a bit dense here. May I ask for...
radley
Richard (chuggerguy)
Theming using an external CSS stylesheet.
This thread is styled externally using CSS (Cascading...
Richard (chuggerguy)
How to embed animated Gifs onto GW?
I tried posting the way chuggeryguy which worked for...
ladyrose65
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™