Grout Boost

LAS23July 18, 2010

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever tried a product called Grout Boost? The guy from the tile shop said it is great and we should use it and no need to seal. I was wondering if anyone has any advise for me on using this product or if we should just use regular grout and seal. Appreciate any feedback!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houseful

I just heard about this today. Did you end up using it? Does anyone have any feedback??

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 8:52PM
SadieSadie

We just bought it. Haven't tried it yet. Any updates from anyone? We tiled our family room and kitchen. Since I'm a messy cook, I want to know if I should seal the tile instead of using this product. Am planning to grout on Monday. Would appreciate any input.

Bookmark   August 27, 2011 at 8:15PM
janealexa

bump

Bookmark   September 22, 2011 at 1:02PM
salemagnet28

I have used Grout Boost. Here is my experience....hope it helps someone.

It costs about $40 a bottle (not cheap), which is supposed to be enough product for a 25 lb. bag of grout....hardly. You need close to 2 bottles to get it spreadable. The directions say to add only up to 12 oz. water if it isn't the desired consistency. Following the directions, I could not get the grout to a good spreadable consistency without adding more than 12 oz. water.

It also sets up very quickly, getting so stiff that you have to add water and re-mix several times throughout the grouting process to be able to spread it between the tiles nicely without a crumbly mess. After the floor I tiled had 48 hours to cure, I went to clean the remaining residue off the tiles with some plain warm water, and the gray grout became quite dark... almost black.... and did not appear to be water repellent, like I expected. The water seemed to seep right into the grout. I don't know if it will resist mold and discoloration, but after watching it take more that 2 hours to return to the "dry" color, I see that I will have to seal the grout, anyway. I will be tiling the walls next, and will grout the old-fashioned way, and seal like I've always done. I feel this product was a colossal waste of money, and will be returning the rest for a refund.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 8:36AM
ZoJo1969

OK, I used it and it is almost impossible to get the grout HAZE off.... Do not, I repeat DO NOT use this product !!! HATE it ... I have been tiling for 16 years and this stuff is awful !!!

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 2:40PM
StoneTech

Do NOT use anything mixed with your grout. Water is the only thing to mix it with. Quality grouts have a polymer/latex additive that activates with water. You start adding "something else" and you're courting disaster.

Put the grout in and then seal it, if you like. Follow the MFG. recommendations.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 6:15PM
More Discussions
Wood or metal registers for new wood floors?
Hi --we currently have metal vents/registers on the...
bellacucina
LVP Underlayment
Hello all. Like everyone here I am in the middle of...
ryancoc22
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
Bamboo flooring from LL bad odor
I purchased morning star bamboo strand click flooring...
rg100
What is the size of your longest hardwood floor boards?
What ranges are the sizes of your hard wood floor boards...
tlbean2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™