i got the book!!!

sheebahAugust 21, 2006

Hi there, I got the book I ordered from the US from Australia, a friend of mine picked it up for me, I'm really looking forward to reading it, and I will let you know what I think.

Thank you

Martha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angela59

I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
Angela

Bookmark   August 21, 2006 at 11:32PM
alohalani

Just wondering what you think about the book. I was curious & checked it out on Amazon. I like the reviews & ordered a copy myself.

Mary

Bookmark   August 22, 2006 at 10:04AM
angela59

This is one of my favorite books to read when I am especially missing my daughter.....it's very comforting to me!
Angela

Bookmark   August 22, 2006 at 6:53PM
hydrangea89

What is this book about exactly?

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 12:00AM
alisande

I've been reading and enjoying it. The author's vision of heaven is sooo different from every other one I've readÂand I've been reading about the afterlife for a long time. So in a way it's hard for me to accept it at face value, although the narrative tends to pull the reader in. Also, her frame of reference is what I'd describe as textbook Christian, and I think this is bound to color her experience. She almost sounds as though she has a crush on Jesus. But her voice is very appealing, and happiness just radiates from her story.

I love the dazzling details, such as the roses embedded in marble and the sensations she describes under water.

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 6:57PM
angela59

To me, her description of heaven is as I've read in the Bible.....so it's pretty much the same as what I've heard before......of course, the Bible doesn't give us the detail that she has which I agree are dazzling!

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 2:06AM
sheebah

I have finished the book, and I loved it!! it's so easy to read and it sounds so beautiful in heaven, who would want to come back?
Anyway my husband ( who by the way is not a reader, doesn't like to read) has already finished quite a few pages, he is also very curious about the book, he really likes what he's read so far, I hope all our loved ones are in such a beautiful place, it gives much comfort.
Martha

Bookmark   September 2, 2006 at 1:42AM
More Discussions
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
Memorial Scholarship
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience setting...
xminion
New member - gripping
Hello all - I am so glad I found this group! I'm sure...
VWbrownthumb
Not Much Grieving - Should I Be Concerned?
Hi - Thanks for taking the time to read this. My father...
suzieque
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy, see link Here is a...
Konrad___far_north
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™