Website hosting problems, please help! :)

knash6February 3, 2004

Greetings!

I hope someone, anyone, can help me. I'm desperate. I was hosting my site over at godaddy.com and decided to switch to Homestead.com So I made the necessary changes at godaddy to just park my site there until I received the DNS info from Homestead. Well.....Homestead tells me they don't have DNS numbers perse but that I have to, and I quote:

Add www.mydomainname.com IN CNAME websites.homestead.com

Okay, So I wrote godaddy and asked them where I should type this in and they told me where to type it in but that if there were any problems after that, they couldn't help me. Well, there's a problem. My registrar isn't pointing to my domain at homestead.

Is anyone familiar with this and/or have you ever had to do it and if so, can you please give me some insight? I'm so peeved I'm ready to blow my brains out. I paid enough $$ to both sites that I can't believe either one won't help me. I want my domain over at Homestead because I'm html illiterate and I love Homestead's website builder - it's so easy and amazing. If you are in the know and can help, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryanntx

Let me see if I understand. You are using Homestead to host your website, and you have your domain name registered through GoDaddy.com. Is that right?
If so, all you need to do is log into your account with godaddy and in the correct area (where they told you) type in the exact address of your homestead website.

Bookmark   February 3, 2004 at 7:25PM
shortleaf2002

Have you tried the free url forwarding at godaddy in the meantime?

Bookmark   February 6, 2004 at 5:54PM
craftylady_MA

to knash6 - Good Luck, I tried their site and I cannot understand what they are asking the viewer to do. I also have a domain there, thinking of moving to another site, like Homestead, tell me how you make out. craftylady_ma.

Bookmark   October 13, 2005 at 3:07PM
redhatlady

I don't have alot of knowledge on the computer and I was able to make up a member page but when I try to type in THE SEEDS I have to trade: and SEEDS I AM LOOKING FOR: The page comes up but I can't type in the information. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.

Bookmark   October 16, 2005 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
Marble Countertop Help!!
Hi, I have recently decided to purchase a spec home...
monikaxp
pre tag vs. white-space:pre style
this is in a pre tag this is in a white-space:pre div They...
Richard (chuggerguy)
GardenWeb needs your feedback!
Hi everyone, As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing...
gwannouncements
seo
My client website has hit down after google Penguin...
Tinaustin
artwork for new bathroom
I recently remodeled my bathroom and am looking for...
xamxam
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™